Suppressor Info.

Originally Posted By: foxrunnerQuestion? Do you have to pay the $200 stamp every time you want to purchase a can?
If I set up a trust and I am able to pass them down to my kids, do they have to pay anything?

Nope, one time fee per can.

My wait time was right at 4 months, from they received it too your approved. The times have been getting shorter.
Every can is a new stamp.
Look into the trust. Different levels allows you to do different things. The cheapest way is just a trust for you. Then one that allows you to have trustees, and then one to allow it to go generational. It's how much you want to spend, I called the NFA GUN TRUST in FL. Davis Goldman They talked me thru all levels. Then worked with an attorney in my state to cover any local laws.

Last edited:
Great addition to this site James!

I just got my first 30 cal can on Tuesday, I've been waiting since June. So far I can't seem to stop shooting with it! I love,love,love it. Everyone one should have one!

I'm thinking I may need the extra cost of an attorney, as I know nothing about trust law in AL.

I'd want my wife & I both to be able to have them and designate our kids as beneficiaries.

I used a great guy here in Utah for my trust. I have total confidence in him. He is located right in SL City. He answered all my questions and concerns. If you're interested you can PM me for his name.

I purchased my trust paperwork from NFAlawyers.com. Very nice and knowledgeable attorney. Good communication and quick turn around. I told him what I wanted regarding the kids and my wife and he emailed it all to me. I had a local guy look it over and he was impressed. Said he wouldn't change anything. It was sent in pdf so it was easy to adjust a few things that i wanted.. It cost around $100-125 to have done.

Silly question maybe...how do you check if your form 4 has been approved or not? The place i used for transfer is a bunch of stinkin clowns, and i have 0% faith in them to stay on top of anything. Just curious how i can check personally?

Thanks
Brian

Phone 304-616-4500 I think you need the serial number, your name or trust name, and maybe your dealer's name east coast time

Anyone can google NFA tracker and it takes you right to the website to look at pages upon pages of approval dates so you can estimate how fast you can expect yours to be approved.

I called today and all they asked for was the serial number and my name only. I'm glad I called, it just happened that my form had a problem. The CLEO did not sign Sheriff and his name but just signed his name. The lady I spoke to was very nice and informed me to get the Sheriff to sign the form correctly and send the form back to her at a WV address. She said this incident will not put me back at the end of the wait line. She advised that the address was right to her office and would be processed on to the next stage. I got home and the notification letter was in my mail. I will do a trust with the next can I purchase!!!!

Back