Suppressor Info.

skinney

Director
Fellas, I'll be making amends to this as things progress. I've been in touch with a couple NFA attorneys and We'll will be making a couple stickies with a lot of info, regarding the purchase process, form 3, form 4, Trust's...
And of course Suppressed Predator Hunting!
Looking forward to this!

Well take us through the whole live of a suppressor. I know there are different types of construction and different levels of suppression. Thanks ahead of time for yours and others information.

Very cool.

Could we have a sticky thread with form 4 wait times and progress, similar to the hide? I think that is helpful to guys starting out as well.

Just received my can last month. I went with a trust. Seems to be a good method if you want to pass it down to someone, or even let others use it. {Legally} It's defiantly something to look into.
I have a Thunderbeast 30p-1. Great can. Use it on any cal. rifle up to 30 cal.

Perfect timing for me. I just bought my first and just filled out the trust paperwork. Bought a yhm Stinger 22lr can for starters. Next will be a 30 cal magnum titanium I think. Will be researching that one a little more and looking for suggestions.

Originally Posted By: Wyoming WinchesterJust received my can last month. I went with a trust. Seems to be a good method if you want to pass it down to someone, or even let others use it. {Legally} It's defiantly something to look into.
I have a Thunderbeast 30p-1. Great can. Use it on any cal. rifle up to 30 cal.

What was your wait time?...waiting for new toys is not something I am good at and I just recently ordered my first can.

Originally Posted By: NoName1
What was your wait time?...waiting for new toys is not something I am good at and I just recently ordered my first can.

Form 4's done on a Trust are taking right around 3 months right now. Some more, some less.

http://www.nfatracker.com/

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishso how much does it cost & how long does it take to set up a trust?

It takes about 10 min with a online trust. I send all of my customers who do not want to use an attorney to this site. Its only $79.00 and I have never had a form 4 kicked back using their trusts. I know many other 07/02 who use them as well. I set up my own personal trust with them to show my customers I use too

Link for online trust - 199 Trust- Online trust

If you are unsure of your states laws I recommend an attorney. It will cost you about 500-750 but you have the piece of mind of using an attorney.

Last edited:
posted my form 4 trust times in the form 4 sticky post

I have 2 rim fire suppressor awaiting form 3 will update once I get the info

Originally Posted By: Chris LynnOriginally Posted By: Stu Farishso how much does it cost & how long does it take to set up a trust?

It takes about 10 min with a online trust. I send all of my customers who do not want to use an attorney to this site. Its only $79.00 and I have never had a form 4 kicked back using their trusts. I know many other 07/02 who use them as well. I set up my own personal trust with them to show my customers I use too

Link for online trust - 199 Trust- Online trust

If you are unsure of your states laws I recommend an attorney. It will cost you about 500-750 but you have the piece of mind of using an attorney.

There are a lot of different options for the Trust route, I had mine set up through an Attorney in my state for 300.00, I had 12 cans put in it, once I'm gone my two boys get em, and once they pass, their boys will get em!

Question? Do you have to pay the $200 stamp every time you want to purchase a can?
If I set up a trust and I am able to pass them down to my kids, do they have to pay anything?

Back