ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

skinney

Director
Alright fellas, last year I put 12 cans into a Revocable Trust.
The wait was as follows...

All dated 4-11-2014 out of my office.
All Stamped 10-23-2014 out of the ATF's office.

My latest Form 4 (not a Trust) to get approved was a customer.
Dated 4-24-2014 out of my office.
Stamped 2-18-2015 from the ATF

It is however speeding up!
Post your lag time.

Form 4 date : Stamp signed date

9/4 : 12/17, or only 3.5 months

11/1 : 2/4, or only 3 months

Dealer contact time was about a week or so after the stamp date.

Revocable trust as well.

Sendit

Last edited:
Been awhile since I posted just got 2 223 suppressors
Here is my form 4 trust time frame.
Forms received sept. 24 checks cashed sept 26 pending date sept. 26
Approved Jan. 4 stamps to dealer Jan14 pickup Jan 17

Originally Posted By: blopez50The last 2 I got back for my trust:

Check cashed--Stamp to dealer
9/26--1/13
9/30--1/15

Someday before you head north I need to pick your brain on the trust thingie... Sooner or later I'm gonna have to see what this hunting suprressed thing is all about.

TBAC 30-P1
I mailed my form 4 on 11/17/2014
Check cashed by ATF 11/25/2014
Silencer approved 02/16/2015
Silencer in hand - 2/23/2015

Wait times have improved over the last few months. If you're gonna take the plunge I'd go for it now. Just a tip if you're in a rush. Find a dealer that has what you want in stock and avoid the additional wait times for the form 3 transfers to get approved (about 45 days). Also, research your dealer thoroughly.

Kevin

Bought one in October of '14 on a form 4 trust. Check was cashed on the 26th of October... Stamp got approved on Feb 6th of '15. So just shy of 4 months. Stamp arrived within a week of it being approved.

I am waiting on my 4th. Trust paper style.

Check was sent on jan 5th/check was cashed jan 9th.

UPDATE TAX STAMP CAME BACK 4/21

My others took exactly 12 months to get. My dealer messed up on the paper work and got it sent back at about 8 months, then 4 more months to get the stamps.

Last edited:
I'm thinking my paperwork went in around May and stamp arrived end of November. Seemed like it was right about the time I started to wonder about its status.

Dealer that I picked it up at said that he was still waiting on submissions sent prior to mine. I used a trust to help speed up the process, and it was sent via snailmail.

Took 10 months for me to get my first one in my trust. Dealer just got my second can today from SilencerCo, took about a month. Now for the next wait.

My first suppressor was purchased with me as the owner and I had to get my LEO to sign off and do the fingerprint stuff. I decided to create a trust for my next suppressor purchase.

I mailed in my ATF forms and 2 copies of my trust document on 2/20/2015.

Documents arrived at the ATF on 2/28/2015
Check was cashed by ATF on 3/3/2015

Now the "sit and wait" routine. I'm only purchasing one suppressor to start with, but I think there will be more purchased in the future.

Last edited:
TBAC 30P1

Purchased 9-17-14 from Silencer Shop (Snipers Hide Group Buy)
Ohio Trust
SOT received 1st week of December
Check Cashed DEC 12, 2014
Stamp in hand March 10, 15

Back