subsonic and coyote

wyoman

Here is a coyote I shot last weekend using a 220 grain hp from blackout bullets.com. This bullet left my pistol at around 1050 fps and dropped this female in her tracks. Bullet entered her chest and I found it on the inside of her right leg. Penetration was around 16 inches and I was very happy with the mushroom from a sub round.
[img:left][/img] [img:right]http://[/img]

What was the distance on your shot? I'm curious how the pistol length barrel and subsonic 300 Blackout are working for shots beyond 100 yards.

Barrel length doesn't really come to play when shooting subsonic as all loads chrony at 1050 fps. I don't take shots past 100 yards when shooting subs as the bullet drop is definitely a factor. I have the rifle scope sighted in at 100 yards and the burris ffIII sighted in at 50 yards to help me out a little.

Originally Posted By: wyomanBarrel length doesn't really come to play when shooting subsonic as all loads chrony at 1050 fps. I don't take shots past 100 yards when shooting subs as the bullet drop is definitely a factor. I have the rifle scope sighted in at 100 yards and the burris ffIII sighted in at 50 yards to help me out a little.
just curious, What is the Bullet Drop of those 220gr'ers.
What do you zero at 50yd?

Last edited:
Cool Rifle you're holding there WyoMan.
Does it even have a Barrel?
Or is the Suppressor screwed on the reciever. lol.

Last edited:
Back