Lead Sled experiences, please?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: fair_chaseOriginally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: pahntr760I guess you overlooked the 'JMO' at the end of my post. They're not for everyone. The OP asked opinions and experience and I shared mine.

I mean, if they were more stable than a good bipod and bags, then I'd use em. But they are not as stable, too bulky to lug to the bench, just no advantage in my eyes. Different strokes, I guess.

Well to start with I was doing the same thing as you ... sharing my opinion. What makes you think that I was talking to you in the first place? Calm the [beeep] down.

Arrogance prick VS post count (sometimes prick), who to rout for?

NEITHER.

w00t.gif
that should get the thread locked up.
lol.gif

Actually, all it does is run people away from here. And that's been the case for a while now. I only check in about once a week because of crap like this, and that is likely to get even less frequent. I know nobody here would miss me, but nevertheless that's the plain old truth of the matter. It seems that some here are using it for a place to flex their muscles (because their wife won't let them do it at home) and spew crap from the safety of their computer monitor. They'd rather start an argument than have a discussion. PM is getting more like the 3rd grade playground rather than a discussion board for adults.

Originally Posted By: HidalgoOriginally Posted By: pahntr760I guess you overlooked the 'JMO' at the end of my post. They're not for everyone. The OP asked opinions and experience and I shared mine.

I mean, if they were more stable than a good bipod and bags, then I'd use em. But they are not as stable, too bulky to lug to the bench, just no advantage in my eyes. Different strokes, I guess.

Well to start with I was doing the same thing as you ... sharing my opinion. What makes you think that I was talking to you in the first place? Calm the [beeep] down.

Well, the fact you replied to me is on indicator that you were talking to me. That's how the forum works. You replied directly to my comments, as indicated by the (re: pahnter760) in the subject line. I never directed comments at anyone until I was directed.

As for the 'tough behind the keyboard' comments in the last post, you can think what you like. I would tell you the same opinion to your face. I still see the Lead Sled as inferior to a good bipod and bags... This is my opinion on the matter. It differs from some in here, but it does reflect the views of others. It's not intended as an argument, but a different side of the same coin.

There is no, nor has there ever, been any malice in my address of anyone or anything in this thread. Then you start talking about people's wives? It seems to me there is someone resembling their '3rd grader' attitude of which they spoke.

I have been calm this entire time. Sharing my opinion that happens to differ from yours. It's interesting how I was painted as a bully or something for simply differing on my view. There are plenty of folks who differ opinions on a daily basis, but for whatever reason, I specifically need to calm down? Inretesting for sure.

Originally Posted By: Buster HindendIf the OP is asking for personal experiences, then mine is I don't like them

I have one and my experience is that I would rather be in the bottom of the Grand Canyon with a broke leg in July than to use one.

But hey, that's just me

Well I think you made your opinion perfectly clear.
smile.gif

for myself, I have never tried one, but have seen them at the range. I already carry too much stuff.

The best thing would be for you to try one before buying. I use mine probably around 50%,other times I use 2 bags. The lead sled doesn't fit everyone's likes,maybe cause it's different or they just can't get comfortable behind it. It is a stable rest IMO.

1) As far as calming the bleep down goes.
Higgy might want to take a look in the mirror before pointing fingers.

Maybe he had money on Diaz last night and woke up on the wrong side today. I know I did.

2) As for the LS.
I've never seen it happen but there are numerous reports of wood stocks breaking and since I'm a wood stock guy, I wouldn't risk it.
I'd also add that if they indeed improve accuracy, you'd think you'd see em at BR matches. Those guys know a thing or two about load work and shooting for accuracy and spare no expense doing it.

Being an admitted recoil wimp,,, the best cure I've found is small cal center fires.

I have one i use for higher recoil firearms and i like it. But i have a hunting partner that absolutely can not shoot off it. His groups are horrible out of it. He cant get comfortable when rifle is in it so we think it just keeps him from gettin down and into his rifles like he does on the bench and bags. Ive never had a problem out of it.

I've heard people say they have broken stocks I've shot my 300 rum off it for 2 years it's the bdl walnut stock I probably shouldn't say anything "probably break next time out" but I've been good so far. I like shooting sandbags too, but for working up reloads the sled is nice.

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned.

But you are putting a lot of stress on your Rifle using these things. When shooting the Rifle there is no place for the recoil to go except to the points were the Action attaches to the stock.
One day you have a tight grouping Rifle and then everything starts going south and then were do you start looking for the problems.

I just strap her down stand behind it with a soft trigger finger(sometimes left trigger finger)bent over looking through scope. If I try shooting with normal form i find there is more human error. I only do this for new loads obviously. I have never done this with a bolt rifle yet.

Back