Anyone want to go hunt in SW Washington

Hawks should have just ran it in for the win, bad call to throw with that much traffic. Hey yoteslayerwa you have prime yote grounds over there, im jealous.

It can be, its not really the tress but all the thick brush. Tree stands are almost a must down here, but there are some spots that are open. Would love to hunt the wide open, do some long range shooting.

I've never called a cat in. I don't sit long enough nor use the right sounds to do so. From what I've heard you should sit longer, stay more still and use distress calls. Woodpecker calls are a popular sound for bobs. Also a decoy helps with cats.

Ah ok, didn't know about the woodpecker calls being so effective. Have a woodpecker decoy on my FoxPro firestorm. Gonna try the advice out Friday and see what I can call in.

Rick Robbins on here owns RR Calls and is up out of Centralia. I know he has good luck calling bobcats on the Westside. I think he is still in Arizona from the PM hunt.

He is a virtual encyclopedia of predator hunting and would be worth a call or visit.

I have a pregnant wife at home and dont like being too far from home. If you want to head up this way I can think of a few walk in stands we could hit over a morning hunt.

live in Cowlitz county. The problem right now is I have never hunted in scuba gear. It's a bit wet to hunt yotes right now. Maybe if nit ever dries out I'll get out. Hit the east side last weekend but nothing. They have been hunting them with air planes over there killing thirty to fo9rty a day. Not much left for the rest of us to hunt.

Havent been as far as Puyallup in a long time, great salmon run up there. Maybe if I can get some free time (permission from the wife) I will try to get up there. Do you call for cats up there?

I've called in both over the years. All I can say is watch your back. The cougar was ten feet away to my back. I never knew it was there until I stood up to leave. Took her out of the air with a muzzle loader shot to the neck. Sure glad it didn't miss fire as it was wet out. I have changed my set up's sense then to make sure my back is covered.

That would be quite unnerving having a cougar that close behind you. Should carry a side arm with you, I usually go out with my S&W Governor just in case.

Back