What kind of portable shooting table do you prefer ??

I've got a portable bench I made out of a $12 saw horse and a bunch of scrap wood that I'll disassemble photograph and post it here... all these big old clunky heavy things ya'll are making, you need a trailer to haul them around in... this one of mine is about 15#, I'll weigh it too, and carries in 1 hand... a 5 gallon bucket, with shoulder strap to carry my Caldwell bags, ammo and a drink and the rifle and I'm good to go... will post pictures with in a day or 2... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks. The rifle is a Marlin 17V. It's a fantastic shooter, and the Hornady 17g V-max bullets perform like mini-RPGs on ground squirrels.

- not sure what your point is but 'full up' mine is 18#. It is one set of buffet table legs and a piece of 1/2 finished plywood....not only is it not clunky (whatever that means) it folds flat and can be carried with one hand. I shoot prairie dogs pretty much at will (meaning many times a year) and can attest to the fact that this works very very well.
The places I shoot only require that I move the table a few feet so it makes little or no difference to me whether the thing weighs 18# or 80#.

SKB... your's is one of the more portable ones around and at that weight isn't difficult to carry any distance... here in Pa we have places even though there are field paths the farmers don't want us driving out to the killing fields so portability is paramount... here is my set up...
378651335FbBXSM_ph.jpg

folded and ready to go...

378653386vsTnhT_ph.jpg

this board adds serious stability to the whole bench...

Last edited:
here are a couple shots of the whole set up...

378645783lpJZhl_ph.jpg

all the small stuff fits in the bucket to travel... there is about 7" of adjustment on each leg to allow setup in any terrain...

378644776EKIWXx_ph.jpg

the bench weighs 18#, bucket with rice filled bags, water jug and ammo is about 20#... almost enough for an old fart to lug out to the field... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:
USMC - I bought those from Mc Master and Carr.....ordered them. They list them in their catalog for about $19 for the pair and with our corporate discount they cost me $17.

They are banquet table legs rated at 1000 lbs.

Do a search at
http://www.mcmaster.com

enter 'legs' in the search box - go to table legs - page 1509 Item #2190T21

The aluminum frame we made here in my shop and I painted the bottom blue cause it was the only color I had and I wanted it somewhat waterproof.

If you want to check it out sometime let me know. I am all over the north half of Denver daily from Arvada to Commerce City to Thornton to No. Denver. Or I can send you the info. to make one.

skb2706,

If you could send me the information I would really appreciated. I got the wood and jig saw ready to rock and roll.

Thanks

Frank

little joe --- that's quite a rig. I'm afraid that I would spend more time napping than shooting. It looks way too comfortable. Maybe that's good as I'm a better "napper" than shooter.

Anybody out there have or use a SAN ANGELO shooting bench? The major shooting stores sell them, Cabellas, Sportmans Whse, etc. I took a few shots off one last summer. It belonged to another shooter in our group and I liked it.

?????????????

Quote:
Leroy i cant see your pics?

webshots is a pain in the butt... right click on the red X, go to properties and highlight the address... copy and paste it to your address bar and go to webshots, it'll open to the picture,,, then just hit the back button and it'll drop that picture into the appropriate box... do it for all 4 and you can then see them...

hey admins what's a good place to put pictures that they'll show up here?...

try this...

I used to use Hunt101, but their server is flaky, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't got real tired of seeing little red Xs where my pic should be, switched to Photobucket and have never had a problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tim

Back