FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

I just ran across her the other day, watching an interview with ritchie sambora. Apparently she's been out & hot since about 2010 but I never heard about her.

One of the top guitarists in the world, like #2.

I'm in kind of a "Southern Rock/Blues" mood this morning.......

Whiskey Myers

Blackberry Smoke....{If Billy Gibbons likes 'em, they can't be all bad!} Hahahaha

My dad & I always loved the Bare. I think Dad's favorite of his was "The Jogger".
My favorite was always "Marie Laveau", with "The Numbers" song coming in a very close second. Hahahaha

Here's some tunes to start the week off........

I saw these guys on one of the local PBS stations over the weekend.
I had forgotten all about them, since I don't listen to Hispanic music.
But, I used to love this first song (1st time I have heard it acoustic), and they are a great band.

And then, then late, legendary SRV..........

These tunes are dedicated to all of us who are cowboys at heart.
(I was raised around horses & cattle. I miss riding horses, but I don't miss those dang cattle. hahahaha)

Good picks Will. I hope to get riding in about two months when the snow starts to disappear.

My saddle is 120 years old.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RedfrogGood picks Will. I hope to get riding in about two months when the snow starts to disappear.

My saddle is 120 years old.

Dang!!!!!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I've seen some old saddles, but, none ever THAT old.
cool.gif

I rode horses, both around the farm & in shows (for sport, similar to rodeo barrel racing, and reining-type events...definitely NOT any of those high-class shows where you dress funny, or the jumper shows ;))...from age 4 to my early 20s.
'Course, I was 200# lighter then, and young.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Last time I was on a horse was in '06, at a picnic party the company I worked for had.
The couple who managed the business owns some horses, and they brought them, since the party was being held next to a rodeo arena.
They were letting anyone who wanted to, ride them...although very few people actually did.

I hadn't told any of my co-workers that I used to ride, so they laughed when I told them I was going to ride one.
(Understand...at this time I already was just shy of 300#)
I told my boss to give me the horse that was the most "spirited" one. (I thought they all were very gentle horses, even though the boss thought that he had a couple "wild" ones along that day.)
crazy.gif

Anyway, once I finally got in the saddle, I went into the arena, and not only rode a couple barrel racing patterns, but also about half-dozen different reining patterns @ full speed.
By the time I was done, I had drawn a crowd, and the horse was huffing & puffing...and I was wanting more.
grin.gif

I absolutely loved all the shocked faces, and exclamations of "I didn't know you could ride a horse, let alone ride like that."

{When a fella learns to ride a cutting horse, he kinda has to learn how to ride, or fall off all the time! hahahaha}

Nowadays, I doubt I could even get on a horse.
But if I could, I have no doubt that I could still ride just fine.
cool.gif

I've met a few people who were deathly afraid of horses, which doesn't say a lot about a horse, cause I've met a few people who deathly afraid of birds.LOL

I learned early on that one of the best things for a man's inside is a horse's outside. The world is a different place with a horse between your legs.

I bought a horse for hunting in 1970. It was all white [not an albino] and it had blue wall eyes. Some folks were unnerved by his appearance.
smile.gif
He was an awesome horse for hunting. he was tough as a coffin nail, and no "Quit"

I got him , the saddle and an old mechanical hackamore, for $200. Next to being married to my current wife, it was the best deal I ever made.
I took it into a saddle shop to get some leather replaced on the cantle and pommel.The leather worker said it was made by the Pacific saddle company and they went out of business around 1895.
No padded seat but comfortable enough to ride all day. I've packed more than one deer back to camp on it. Throw it across the seat and tie it down and never have to adjust a thing after that.
Last time I used it I got dropped off the horse I was 'breaking." I had done lots of ground work in the round pen and was ready to get on her. She was fine, so I revved it up a notch, forgetting that I'm not as limber as I used to be. She turned and I didn't. I piled into the steel bars on the round pen. I had the wind knocked out of me, and was trying to laugh at the same time. "Yes Dear" freaked and called me stuff I don't say in front of my grandkids.LOL

I meant Supertramp not tramps
tongue_smilie.gif

"You can laugh at my behaviour
That´ll never bother me
Say the devil is my savior
But i don´t pay no heed"

~ O God of earth and altar bow down and hear our cry
our earthly rulers falter, οur people drift and die
the walls of gold entomb us, the swords of scorn divide
take not thy thunder from us but take away our pride...

Up with the Irons

Back