Kahles 3.5 - 10 x 50

cherokee305

I'm looking at a used rifle that has this scope on it. I'm really not interested in keeping this scope because I have something I had planned on putting on it. Would there be any interest in this? I see they sell new for around 1400.

I figured I would post here rather than classified since I technically don't own it yet.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Coyotejunki50mm is pretty big and hard to mount on a bolt action and still get a good cheek weld, just a guess here.

Generally speaking I don't like 50's for much of the same reason. However I have one of these Kahles 2.5-10's and the glass is exquisite, so good that I can make an exception. I can't imagine pulling it off and replacing it with a lesser quality scope.

They may mount high but on a rifle with a sporter barrel it wasn't bad at all.
DSC01702.jpg

Originally Posted By: cherokee305The only reason I would take it off would be to try to lower the cost of buying the rifle.

If you don't mind, how much of a difference in the purchase cost would it make? Enough to sway you? After all, it's your rifle (soon to be) and you want it scoped how you want it.

WOILD the purchase price, with scope, be ok to buy the re-sell the glass? As in, could you make a buck or two after splitting it on your own? I figure the Kahles would sell easily and fetch a decent price.

I think I would be ok splitting them. The rifle model is no longer made in this caliber and not many of them were made to start with. I asked the wife if I could buy the rifle as long as I sold enough of my guns to buy it. Well, part of coming up with enough stuff to sell would include selling this scope.

Is this gun truly worth sacrificing all the others? I, personally have a tough time letting guns go. If they're nothing special and not used, that's one thing. Just my opinion...

I bought 3 Kahles 3.5-10x50 CL model scopes that I bought from CDNN for $500 each a few years back. They're probably the best quality scopes I've owned.

Missed buying the rifle. It was a cooper model 38 17 fireball. Wouldn't be such a big deal but I they no longer offer this caliber in that model and I want one sooo bad.

Back