Fifteen hogs down with the new Six8 Razorback.

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73So after a month of looking at the LWRC Six8, I bought a Razorback edition. Cant wait to try the 6.8

I highly recommend using the hornady 120gr sst bullets especially if you roll your own. My second choice would be the 110 accubond followed by the barnes 95gr ttsx.

So the gun comes with 500 rounds of 90 grain Federal Gold Dot ammo. Is this ammo any good? At a minimum I can reload the brass. I have already bought Hornady Custom Grade dies and 6.8 Barnes TAC-TX 95 grain bullets. Have liked the blue tipped TAC-TX in my 458 SOCOM AR. Will look into the others though.

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73So the gun comes with 500 rounds of 90 grain Federal Gold Dot ammo. Is this ammo any good? At a minimum I can reload the brass. I have already bought Hornady Custom Grade dies and 6.8 Barnes TAC-TX 95 grain bullets. Have liked the blue tipped TAC-TX in my 458 SOCOM AR. Will look into the others though.

I have about 2000 rounds of 90gr Gold Dot I save it for SHTF two legged targets and hunt tougher targets with the listed above.

Got my Aquila 4x back and mounted it on my new LWRC 6.8 Razorback. Sighted in during the day and went out Christmas night. Nice big boar came in about 300 lbs and wacked him with the 90g Federal gold dot between the ear and the front of the shoulder. Bullet did not exit but he dropped DTR with out even a singe kick. Very happy so far!

thumbup1.gif

Very nice Love the rifle but prefer the 120 sst, 110 accubonds, 95ttsx, or 110 tsx bullets better the gold dots just did not cut it on hogs for me. But a ear shot fixes that problem!

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73Yep. Looking at the TNVC PVS-14 with the L3 tube.

Last day of our sale is today! Thank you for the consideration and Happy New Year!

Vic

Back