Is it legal in your state to chase?

Originally Posted By: HT308I just think they don't have ethics, and need to be shutdown..

Sooooo, only your type of hunting is "ethical" and should be legal.

Personally,,,, I think e-callers are unethical. How's about we shut them down too?

Originally Posted By: RugershooterSome of you guys need to get off of the "20 Mile" bit. He isn't complaining of driving 20 miles. The problem is having his hunting trip ruined by other hunters by a certain method of hunting.

I used to do the pickup chase style of hunting. We never trespassed, stayed away from the cattle, and closed gates. But there are a lot of groups that don't care about any other the above. Some groups surround a section of ground, then shoot out the area with .22s or other rifles to get the coyotes going. Not very smart in my opinion. While calling, I have been surrounded by pickups. I got up before they started shooting. Yes, they were trespassing and didn't care.

I don't know if it should be outlawed or not. it can be done ethically, but the idiots far outnumber the people that do it right.

What part of Nebraska you from? That's exactly how they did it in my neck of the woods when I was growing up. Would all meet at the bar after church on sundays, fire up the cb radios, and have at it. I always prefered calling, myself.

Here in DE we have a chase season. And it falls with deer season, our property lies with state property so it's not uncommen to have dogs or truck's around. Sometimes it can be hit or miss as i've had them push state land deer to me or have had dogs lay under my stand and howl.
I've also made some good friends from the dog owner's that has opened up hunting opertunities for me. Also most good dog owners have tags with phone numbers on them and they are happy i have their dog instead chasing for miles looking for them. Unfortunatally a lot of them are older folks and we see less and less each year. Enjoy you're hunting and let them enjoy theirs, Around here it seems to be a dye ing sport.

Chasing wildlife is NOT allowed in AZ. Here are the regs:

ARS 17-303. Taking or driving wildlife from closed areas
It is unlawful for any person, except by commission order, to enter upon a game refuge or other area closed to hunting, trapping or fishing and take, drive or attempt to drive wildlife from such areas.

R12-4-320. Harassment of Wildlife
A. In addition to the provisions established under A.R.S. § 17-301, it is unlawful to harass, molest, chase, rally, concentrate, herd, intercept, torment, or drive wildlife with or from any aircraft as defined under R12-4-301, or with or from any motorized terrestrial or aquatic vehicle.
B. This Section does not apply to individuals acting:
1. In accordance with the provisions established under A.R.S. § 17-239; or
2. Within the scope of official duties as an employee or authorized agent of the state or the United States to manage or protect or aid in the management or protection of land, water, wildlife, livestock, domesticated animals, human life, or crops.

Originally Posted By: shawn@moHu move to Missouri not enough flat clear land to drive trucks to chase, we do use hounds, let loose on one county road while a group is on the other county road waiting. In Missouri it is illegal to shoot from the truck or whatever..

Plenty of flat down here. Common practice. And hard on pickups.

Fursniper's quote is real close to California's F&G Code. It just stinks when the State trapper flies an area though. One year he marked up 100+ yotes in a day, 2 weeks before I had a chance to visit my folks and go calling. Made for lean pickings, but the calf crop didn't get hammered like it had the year before. I've found a couple of photos of offenders' vehicles has helped along with working with the local wardens, especially when I am hunting private ground with WRITTEN trespass permission. Besides, the land owner liked my reporting the violations after he had to repair a lot of fence because of the yahoos.

Yes, I hate having to report it, but if we don't police ourselves on the violations, it gives the bunny huggers more ammunition.

Originally Posted By: FursniperChasing wildlife is NOT allowed in AZ. Here are the regs:

ARS 17-303. Taking or driving wildlife from closed areas
It is unlawful for any person, except by commission order, to enter upon a game refuge or other area closed to hunting, trapping or fishing and take, drive or attempt to drive wildlife from such areas.

R12-4-320. Harassment of Wildlife
A. In addition to the provisions established under A.R.S. § 17-301, it is unlawful to harass, molest, chase, rally, concentrate, herd, intercept, torment, or drive wildlife with or from any aircraft as defined under R12-4-301, or with or from any motorized terrestrial or aquatic vehicle.
B. This Section does not apply to individuals acting:
1. In accordance with the provisions established under A.R.S. § 17-239; or
2. Within the scope of official duties as an employee or authorized agent of the state or the United States to manage or protect or aid in the management or protection of land, water, wildlife, livestock, domesticated animals, human life, or crops.

Originally Posted By: Timberbeast7You're complaining about driving 20 miles?

Exactly that would be a dream to hunt that close. I usually drive upwards of 200 miles + just to call.

Back