ruger no 1 475 linebaugh

cclark

I won't say I am done but I kind of lost my mind when they decided we could use straight walled pistol cartridges to deer hunt in southern michigan. I started with a bolt ruger 44 magnum. Then last week I lucked into a ruger no 1 in 475 linebaugh. I will post picks tomorrow. Couldn't help myself!

Originally Posted By: cclarkI won't say I am done but I kind of lost my mind when they decided we could use straight walled pistol cartridges to deer hunt in southern michigan. I started with a bolt ruger 44 magnum. Then last week I lucked into a ruger no 1 in 475 linebaugh. I will post picks tomorrow. Couldn't help myself!

Boy you got a nice prize! I cant find one in my area.
Please post some pics!

015_zpsf11c851c.jpg
014_zpsc5665cba.jpg

ea0a8b3d-af81-45b3-836d-538729a97c30_zps2bdeedaa.jpg
004_zpsfcdfce8f.jpg
017_zpsc5f568b1.jpg
014_zpsffa314c5.jpg

the rounds pictured are 40 S&W, 44 magnum, and 475 Linebaugh. I can't confirm it but I was told Ruger only made around a hundred of these.

Very nice rifle. I can dig it much.

I have a 480 SRH sitting next to me right now. I almost went with a #1 in 475, myself.

That said, it looks like I will now end up with a #1B sporting a 24" Pac-Nor( or Shilen) tube, & Kepplinger trigger, chambered in 460 S&W.

MOF, I just got off the phone with a local smith right before I found this thread.

Please let us know how this rifle shoots. I'd be very interested in velocity as well..........

cclark
Thats Very nice I think you will really like that combo,

Ken
I think you need a BHA mod 90 in 460 S&W matter of fact I think I need one

Last edited:
I thought about it. Problem is, I have way too many lever guns, and this gun won't get used enough to justify the BHA price tag. I can't have it taking time away from my 348s or 444.....

I cast a very nice 420gr slug that goes great with my .480, i wonder what it would do loaded to .475 L in that rifle.....hhhmmmm

Last edited:
Back