the can yous in missouri

shawn@mo

OK,1 can you hunt predators at night under lights? 2 I know you have to check in bobcats in Missouri, where do I go and how do I get them checked in? I ended up with one and called our local game wardens left messages no one ever got with me to tell me how to take care of it, can anyone help??

No lights at night... All the info you need is on the MDC website.

Call the Conservation Agent of the county you killed the cat in. If he doesn't call you back within a week or so call the Region HQ or Jefferson City HQ. Numbers are on the website. Your local agent may be taking a few days off right now, the general gun deer season works those guys pretty hard.

Well... I guess you can but you still have to catch the Conservation Agent in the county you killed the cat in. He probably won't be right there at the office exactly when you show up. So you're back to square one - use your phone to contact him and speak directly to the source for his directions. Some handle it slightly different than others in my experience.

The no "anything that casts a beam" restriction here hacks me off. You make it legal to shoot them 24X7, but the night hours you better not even have a strong flashlight in your possession. Bordering states can, and even the Kingdom of Illinois and all their restrictions allows some form of illumination for predator hunting at night, even if it is only for a limited time of year. I've sent a lot of emails and letters to the Commision, but until predator hunters band together and make a stronger presence felt, it's not going to change. The Commission is too fearful of all the deer poachers (and there are many) in the state and now it's just easier to arrest you and confiscate your equipment if you're in the field, or equipment and vehicle if you are casting a beam from the vehicle.

I guess there are probably 5 or 6 nights a year, where the snow covers the ground and the stars are really bright that you could see well enough to shoot them, so be thankful, right!!

Did they change it to hunt them 24 7 mad dog?? I thought we were 1 of like 10 states that had a season... And I noticed from reading that many other states allow you to do that some restricted to shotgun but they could give us something... Dang, and I see where there are a lot of consern about poaching, farmers worried about live stock, but could atleaste give a test run...

If not for work a feller could do more hunting...
smile.gif

I'll be muzzleloader hunting with my wife but in the past the smoke poles never bothered me. There isn't any pressure in my neck of the woods, surprised you have much pressure in Dent County to worry about it.

Well just the places I go there are people hunting them, farmers family and friends of land owners, I hunt more private ten public. The season has picked up attention though more do it this day and age.. There are some public land that I do hit every now and then might not have anyone one it.. Just don't want to screw someone up deer hunting, because I wouldn't want them to do it to me... But my brother in law called and asked if I wanted to hog hunt, might give that a try

Yeah, the MDC changed that silly law beginning this year. Most guys shot them anyway, now it's actually legal.

MO is backward thinking. In IL we can use lights, NV and thermal 24/7 from 10/15-2/15 I believe. What the small minded "conservation" people don't realize is, if they legalized NV, there would be more predator hunters out there to see and report the poachers. It's like having deputies on a police force. Poachers will always poach and they like to work undisturbed. Since the advent of CWD in NE MO, the area is crawling with DNR. A side benefit-road hunters, poachers and trespassers are way down. Hey, they killed 33,000 deer to find 24 with CWD. I told you they were backward thinking!

Originally Posted By: GCWell... I guess you can but you still have to catch the Conservation Agent in the county you killed the cat in. He probably won't be right there at the office exactly when you show up. So you're back to square one - use your phone to contact him and speak directly to the source for his directions. Some handle it slightly different than others in my experience.

Does not have to be the county you killed it in. Every year we set up a meeting with the conservation agent to have them tagged and 2 of my trapping buddies come over with their cats. Between the 3 of us we are tagging cats from 5 different counties.

Originally Posted By: GCIf not for work a feller could do more hunting...
smile.gif

In my experience, all work does is interfere with huntin and fishin, and restin up for huntin and fishin.

Back