Good Call?

WiscHunter17

Hey Guys hows it going I would like to get into calling predators but I don't have any calls, any suggestions for a good one.

Ty

Last edited:
We at FOXPRO have some new hand calls coming out very soon that I think everyone is going to like.
thumbup1.gif
But if you don't want to wait, the Lil' Woodsman is a great call for bird/rodent calls. And the Woodsman delivers great fawn/jackrabbit sounds. Go check out the website and you will see the entire selection of hand calls we have now. You can't go wrong with any of them.
thumbup.gif

Ty,
I have an easy answer for you...and no, I'm not being a smart-azz.

Go to the Custom Call sub-forum & look around.
Every call maker on this forum makes great calls, that are easy to use, especially if you learn & practice.
And if they don't currently have something posted that you like, contact any of them, & ask for something made special for you.

While there isn't anything wrong with a lot of the hand calls you buy in a store...why do it?
You can get better sounding calls...(exceptions: Production calls from Tony Tebbe, Kerry Carver, Rick Robbins [bearmanric], and the calls from Verminator Game Calls...IMHO)...made from exotic woods/antler/horn/acrylic, that are either the same cost, or barely a higher cost than those store bought calls.

Everybody touts buying electonic calls, & yes they have their place.
But for a beginner, the cost just isn't sensible.
With an e-call, you, & every Tom, Dick & Harry are throwing the same sounds around.

With a hand call, it's my personal belief that no two guys using the same call, will sound exactly the same.
Each person will provide a different air pressure; hold the call slightly different; put a different "inflection" into the sound, based on hand movement/ect.; & last but not least, everyone will have their own calling "style" or sequence.

Don't think I'm knocking e-calls, because I sure am not!
I'm just thinking about the fact that you said you are new, & in this economy, I doubt you want or need to spend any more money than necessary.

For $10 bucks you can try out a TC Custom diaphragm and be making the most realistic "man-made" calls out there. Check out our website www.tccustomcalls.com and check out our products and also be sure to stop by the photo gallery and check out the results. Proven on stage and in the field...PM me if we can help ya pick out any calls.

Thanks for all the great advice. Will, I may have to go with a custom. I am only 16 and I don't have a job yet
frown.gif
. I don't have a lot of cash to spend.

Tyler

Last edited:
I agree with Will, try a Carver or a bearmanric custom call. You can't go wrong with any of the custom call makers on here...
thumbup1.gif

Ben

If you are looking for a e caller get a fox pro but for a hand call i would find a custom maker on predator masters and tell them what exactly you are looking for and they will get a hand call for you

get one from one of the many great custom call makers on this forum. or ive heard many good things about the flextone echo 100$ or a little more

Back