Electronic calls legal to use for bobcat?

bemart02

I am sure it has been covered here before but I am unable to find it..... Are electronic calls legal in the state of MONTANA for hunting Bobcats? Furbearer regulations have me scratching my head wondering ?????

According to the 2014 Furbearer regs:

RECORDED OR ELECTRONIC DEVICES- It is unlawful to use any recorded or electrically amplified bird or animal sounds or electrically amplified imitations of bird or animal calls or sounds to assist in the hunting, taking, killing or capturing of wildlife, except wolves, predatory animals, and those birds not protected by state and Federal law as per Montana law.

Bobcats are not defined as predatory animals in Montana.
It appears using an ecall to hunt bobcats is in fact illegal.

Quote:According to the 2014 Montana Furbearer regs:

RECORDED OR ELECTRONIC DEVICES- It is unlawful to use any recorded or electrically amplified bird or animal sounds or electrically amplified imitations of bird or animal calls or sounds to assist in the hunting, taking, killing or capturing of wildlife, except wolves, predatory animals, and those birds not protected by state and Federal law as per Montana law.

The only wildlife defined as "predatory animals" in Montana are coyote, weasel, skunk, and civet cat (spotted skunk)

In light of this, there is not much opportunity to hunt with e-callers in Montana.
frown.gif

Someone better tell Montana?

Back