What do you like most about coyote hunting videos?

orkan

We sure do enjoy predator hunting and documenting our hunts around here. It occurred to me that what I like to see, may not be what others like to see.

What are the things you like in our videos?
Dislike?
What would you like to see that you haven't?

We're looking for some ideas!

NO !
I like seeing the different ways other people call, camo, terrain, EXT.

Don't know about "YOUR" videos, never seen one but all hunting videos in general.

What I HATE... All the gibberish talking 'bout the wife and kids, how they fed there cows, junk like that and the worst is all the FACE time they fill a perfectly good coyote Video. TURN THE CAMERA A ROUND. I want to see more of the hunt less of the actors!!

Orkan, I've watched every video you've shared here on PM. I know some may not care for it and want to get straight to the action but I like the fact that your videos start from the truck, show some ingress to the stand and an overview of the set up. The latest shows a hawk soaring across the grasses which is something I see on almost every stand I make here in Kansas. IMO it helps the viewer really feel a part of the hunt because they can relate. I don't have any ideas for you, all I can say is keep doing what you're doing, I for one appreciate it.

I like the bloopers.Everyone always shares success stories.I would like to see (behind the scenes) stuff.I was part of several videos years ago.Its always funny how editing changes everything.

The information about stand selection, setup, and the rationale for the sounds used. Then it's nice to see it all put together and watch the responding predator's approach, behavior, body language. Kill shots are fine too, but I also like when misses are shown and discussed. We all learn from mistakes as much as from when things go according to plan.

I buy everyone that Randy Anderson makes because of his cast of real friends (good ole boys),and the varied terrain he calls and films.
thumbup.gif

I will say I almost lost it when he sang "Amazing Grace"in a tribute to his brother, when he died of cancer...

Ork,I have never seen any of yours,but I will..
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Videos in general...I hate:

1) High fiving and dancing.

2)Telling me your life story/waxing poetic about yourself...stop..cause I dont care.

3)Slow motion replay on every dam stand. If I want to see it again, Ill watch it again. Its a waste of time.

4)Excessive music..Stop trying to make a music video, just call and shoot. And dont play music or narrate over the vid when the stand is unfolding, again..just call and shoot. I like to hear the calling and everything happening on stand just like I was there.

5)Dont gather the boys around a dead coyote and rehash the stand for 20 minutes...it's just a coyote...keep it brief and move on to the next.

I personally don't like music playing during the hunting. If a show feels they must use music, turn it off when the actual hunt begins. I like hearing the calls used. I watch all I can find, some I enjoy, some I have to just tolerate in order to see the action. The more actual realistic hunting the better. I have no issues with showing misses or getting busted, it happens to everyone. Learning from mistakes can help all of us, whether we actually make the mistake or someone else does. I don't mind the "commercials", I know everyone has to pay the bills. As stated above, a brief about ingress and setup is nice, even if it was "triple timed".

Quote:I personally don't like music playing during the hunting.

One of my #1 gripes. Especially the stuff where the guys are screaming. I think we used to call that head banging music. Good grief, I am turning into my parents.
smile.gif
That or I am just a crabby ole Bastid! LOL

Ditto exactly what Lonehowl said. I also like to hear about the firearm they are using and the load they are using. Very few people do this.

Questions and answers on how much pressure the property has been exposed to.
Aproach and wind set up. Use a map, caulk board, anything that explains the details.
Calling direction is one of the hardest things for me to understand. (Old guy!)
Bullet type and speed. Forensic details.
Thanks for asking & good luck.

exactly what desert ram said! And maybe on one video you could give us info on the knives you use to skin your predators blade shape ect, many people don't cover this aspect when it plays a big part in it.

What kind of attention span do most of you have? We've done some longer vids, and some little short vids. When you settle in for a coyote vid on youtube... what's the length you can tolerate?

Would you prefer:
15mins

Originally Posted By: orkanWhat kind of attention span do most of you have? We've done some longer vids, and some little short vids. When you settle in for a coyote vid on youtube... what's the length you can tolerate?

Would you prefer:
15mins

I'd say that varies depending on the content. If the more technical aspects are being discussed then I'd be more inclined to watch longer.

If I am watching DVDs I tend to do a lot of fastforwarding through all the non hunting related things like where they sleep and them going through the airport, etc. If I watch on youtube, a 5 min video is about ideal I think. One thing that I like is what I have seen on very few videos and that is as they are doing the recovery video, they post a hunt recap type thing that tells:

Rifle/Caliber
Ammo used
Optics
Calls/caller/sound used
Distance the animal was killed at
Wind Direction
Moon Phase
Temp.
Time
Location and whether it was public ground or private

I like seeing info on what exactly everyone is doing and using to see how it compares to what I use or do. I think it is a nice touch to the video. I also like seeing a camera shot from where the coyote was dropped looking back at where you were setup. Kinda gives a reference to how well you were hidden or thought you were hidden. Thanks!

Shelton

Last edited:
Back