BUSTED

22cat

this morning about an hr after daylight i was walking up a creek towards the top of a ridge where somebody told me they had seen hog sign. i had big laurel thickets on both sides of the creek that turned steep on the sides. i go to a spot i could see about 40 yards up the trail and about a hundred yards past that is where a smaller creek runs into the creek i was on. above all that is about a 6-7 yr old clear cut bordering open woods where all the hog sign was. anyways i thought what the heck i have a knight and hale hog grunt call i have had for about 4 yrs and have never used so i thought i would give it a shot. did 4-6 grunts off and on about 20 sec-1 min apart. 2 or 3 mins into the stand i catch movement coming down the trail. it was about to step out where i had a clear shot so i took my safety off and it froze behind a blob of laurel limbs hanging down in the trail. about 10 seconds later it turned and shot back up the trail and into the thicket. those safeties on AR rifles are not worth a darn for hunting. you could almost hear it echo up the holler when i flipped the safety off.

mine takes off on its on about halfway through taking it off. to do it quietly i have to use my left hand so i can pinch it to hold it back from slamming into position. when it does slam into fire, the gun literally echo's. in a big open field, i don't even notice it. in a holler full of boulders, its terrible.

Some are louder than others. I keep pressure in towards the receiver and that helps me slowly put it into position. I make sure I'm on the target and ready to fire though.

Go back and get him another time.

Sendit

Originally Posted By: sendit223Some are louder than others. I keep pressure in towards the receiver and that helps me slowly put it into position. I make sure I'm on the target and ready to fire though.

Go back and get him another time.

Sendit

yeah I guy I work with that was in the military for 20 years showed me that if you push in on it and then turn it to fire, it is no more loud then a regular safety on my other firearms.

Back