world record weight on yote ?

that is the heaviest i could find, that had been officially weighed. I did read an article on a yote killed during deer season in Monroe County, NY, that supposedly weight 115 lbs, but that is a big load to swallow if you ask me. that is almost 3 times the avg weight.

That 115# could be the hoax one that was actually a wolf/dog hybrid. If it Is the one I am thinking about, it was shot in Pennsylvania. Web hoaxes live forever.

that could be, and wouldnt surprise me. It might have been in PA, said it was shot near Rochester, which i assumed was NY. And yes the hoaxes never die. i'd say the 75 lbs in WY is the biggest. that dog must have been well fed

I live in Rochester NY, though I have yet to see a 115lb yote running around , I've seen preety big yotes deer hunting. Last deer season we put on a drive and kicked out a monster coyote. My guess it topped 80lbs. I took a couple shots at it and missed.

I didn't have an official scale with me but I saw one that probably topped 900 pounds, that is if you include the weight of right front corner of 87 dodge 4x4 who's 8 ply tire had said coyote firmly pinned to terra firma.

The above statement is pure fiction but Alas, I could not resist temptation. Please remember that I am recovering from bypass surgery, so I can get away with little white lie now and then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've seen one on a hay stack that had to weigh 40 tons. Now THAT'S a yote, LOL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Welcome back Rich. Get well quick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Leon

I'm in Rochester. Years back there was an article in the local newspaper and a picture of a coyote that weighed 82 pounds (it was shot in webster). It was sent to Cornell and determined to be 100% coyote. I'm still searching for the article so I can post it here.

BHW

Hey Guys,

I don't know about record worthiness, but coyotes taken by a partner of mine down south of Rochester around the Retsof area have netted him a 62lb.'r with a bow, and a 67 lb.'r with a sluggun.
The highest yote' I've heard of "weight wise" was an even 70lbs.
Most of the males run high 50's to mid 60's, and the females run about 10lbs. less on the average.
I live west of Letchwork Park (aptly named the Grand Canyon of the east), and hunting them inside the park during regular deer season gets real exciting if you don't mind climbing down near the bottom near the river. It's loaded with them, especially after a few gutpiles are left around.

Take care,
Bob

Weights are often guessed at and inflated. We have big coyotes in NY and I often hear the figure of 60,70, and even 80 pounds thrown around. Here's
a pic of what seen on the run would be related to as German Shepherd sized or an 80 pounder. Want to guess its real weight?
img_0633.jpg

Quote:
Weights are often guessed at and inflated. We have big coyotes in NY and I often hear the figure of 60,70, and even 80 pounds thrown around. Here's
a pic of what seen on the run would be related to as German Shepherd sized or an 80 pounder. Want to guess its real weight?
img_0633.jpg

52 lbs

I'd guess closer to 46lbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice coyote regardless! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

denjahn,
Guess you seen this one before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I live in big coyote country and this one equals about the biggest I have ever seen or taken. Got a couple trappers around as well that really bring in the coyotes numbers wise compared to us hunters and the ones I'm familar with have never had a true 70 lber or many that weigh an honest 50 for that matter.
Of course every deer hunter sees the 70 and 80 pounders running around.
If you had a big coyote contest over a week I bet the winner wouldn't break 70 lbs. and probally not 60.

Neighbor had a trapper come in 2 weeks ago at his goat farm. Three taken. First was male and 75# the other 2 were female and were 45# and 50# on a scale. The male is getting stuffed!

Even if they are weighed on a scale and the scale says ""70 pounds" or any other weight, that does not necessarily mean that is what it weights.

In other words, the scale is worthless if it has not been properly calibrated and check periodically. That is why any scales that are being used for commerce have to be "certified". Other wise you might be buying a lot less than you are paying for.

I get this all the time checking deer. They were weighed at the deer camp and weighted "150 pounds", and when weighed on calibrated scales, it weighes "130 pounds".

I have never seen a scale yet that was off and weighed light. They are all heavy, usually because the tension on the springs slacks off, it never "tightens".

Sounds to me like the male was already "stuffed." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Back