mountain curs out west

I haven't. I've been looking all over the internet. Haven't come up with much. Thinking I'm just going to get one from back east and take a chance to find out if it works.

There is a kennel in Wyoming that has sold pups that are being used all over the country. I'll see if I can come up with the info for you. Also, there is a fellow in Tennessee who features bloodlines from the Wyoming kennel. If you are looking for treeing dogs with plenty of grit, you might consider Ladner Yellow Blackmouth curs out of Mississippi. They just naturally make good dogs for coons and bobcats, and I believe Curt Ladner has records of people who use them for lion.

Thanks guys. I'm looking for a Mtn. Cur. I've been around some black mouth curs and they didn't impress me. I know there are other lines, just not interested. The folks in Wyoming have nothing available according to their website. I've got a few leads on some back east. Was hoping to find some out here that are proven on cats. Thanks again.

It could be a little early.. Often you will see more ads in November and December.

IMO it's the best time to get a pup.. I think that you get an extra season out of a dog that way, since they won't be summer pups, that are only 6 months(ish) during the season and will be about a year old and ready to start putting the nost on the trail next season.

Again.. Just my Opinion.

I'm not real interested in the Streak bred stuff but thank you. Looking for something that is heavy Busher bred. Maybe Kemmer bred like the Stryker dog. Thanks.

My hound pups are going on lion races at 6 months old. Hopefully a cur will do the same. Doesn't really matter to me summer or winter pup. My dogs don't have an off season. I hunt cats all winter and coon the rest of the year. Thanks for the help.

We've got one coming out of Missouri out of Stillwater Hotrod and Tree Knocking Cherry.

2i7tmrm.jpg

Originally Posted By: KevinJWe've got one coming out of Missouri out of Stillwater Hotrod and Tree Knocking Cherry.

2i7tmrm.jpg

One white foot buy em.
Two white feet try em.
Three white feet be on the sly.
Four white feet pass em by.

Oh wait,,,, that's for horses.
smile.gif

Nice pup.
Good luck.

Sorry, read forum rules, my bad for posting info on my pups without enough posts in history. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back