HOW MANY TENNESSEE HUNTERS?

DARYL_W

Hi All, Just bought 20 acers just out side Watertown, and hope to move in by first of june. hows is the Yote hunting and groundhog hunting in that area? Hope after I get settled I can get hooked with some good places to hunt.Be so glad to get out of the sunshine state, NO GROUNGHOGS and the yotes are not much either.Can't wait. Daryl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited:
Daryl,
I live in Waverly, about hour and half west of Watertown. There are groundhogs in places around here. You shouldnt have any problems finding a yote or two around where you live.

Welcome to Tennessee Daryl. I live west of White House, TN and there are many coyotes in this area. The farmer whose land I hunt on says that the coyotes have wiped out the groundhogs on all the property that he farms. I was lucky enough to shoot four coyotes in the months of March and April. Since then the sightings have been few, however I can hear them howling during the nights.

Glad to hear from you all. I started calling YOTES about tree years ago, I moved to FLA. and just can't get back into the mood, no snow, and I would like to start collecting furs, but the fur on the ones down here are sad. I have allways enjoyed Varmint hunting, bench rest shooting and shooting at small targets at a along ways off.Growing up in the farm land of centrial Indiana there was not too many deer(I would like to get into that too, I just have alot to learn) and My dad only hunted small game.In the off season i got trigger time sniping at groundhogs. As I got older all my hunting time was spent on hog hunting.I have used Rimfire rifles for the hog hunting, and enen have a custom built 22Mag built around a Douglas centerfire heavy barrel and a Marlin action before they offered one of there own.Then one evening while setting in an ambush spot waiting for a hog to come out his hole ,I saw my frist Coyote.I shot a few with the Mag but decided I needed more gun, I got a Remington 700 in 223, then I found out that rolling Your own ammo was as much fun as shooting it. I am looking forward to getting to Tenn. and hope that i will get a chance to meeting some of the guys I have been readiig there posts for so long, and trade war stories.I have learned alot from some of the Guys on this board.Thank for the come back, sorry for going on and on,Daryl

Back