Crossbow buck.......................

2muchgun

Took this guy this morning. 34 yds. He dropped at the shot, never took a step.........
4DE44DAF-A113-4F67-AEE2-20E5A6CECE81_zps8hba4gkz.jpg

BDFD4ED8-06EA-41CD-9E88-57F1D602882A_zpsqobqmift.jpg

981DFFD9-FBE3-4326-BE1B-1AC28828AAC8_zpsyd5drre5.jpg

It's not often you get a no-tracking-required death with an arrow.

Nice deep forks on that guy. He looks nice and fat too, ought to be real fine eatin'.

Indeed. It is the first time I have ever shot a deer with an arrow and never had it take a single step. He squirmed around for about 3 seconds and never moved again.

Last 2 I shot before it with same bow/arrows, 1 went about 30 yards, other went about 75.

The arrow(bolt) shaft was broken off and filled with blood. Broadhead lodged in off side shoulder. Nothing left of the lungs.

Next buck I shoot will need to have at least 4 points on one side. Which shouldn't be a problem. Have seen some HOGS last 2 days.

Good luck this season my friends..........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThat was a 100gr. Spitfire.

Will post a couple more pics of them tomorrow....

I posted the pics under the "Favorite Broadhead" thread if anyone is interested.........

2muchgun, nice buck and good hunt no doubt with the crossbow.

I love bowhunting, but don't do it as much nowadays as in years past. I used to live to bow hunt. My aging muscles and aching joints are keeping me from using a compound now, but the crossbow keeps me in the game.

What bow is that?

Bow is a Tenpoint Turbo XLTII.
Leupold Crossbones scope.
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter shafts.
100gr Spitfire Crossbow broadheads.

B89B27D0-ABBF-4FCA-B061-C3485A01692F_zpsdgaauicb.jpg

Nice buck, Ken. Straps & Bacon, mmmm!

Hopefully in the next 4 days, I'll have some fresh venison. Seen a "shooter" buck last Saturday evening, but he vanished in the swamp. He was all of 150", 10pt.

Back