reloading questions to get accuracy

Originally Posted By: dan brothers I've always wondered why so many guys have had problems with that bare chest photo.... Funny isn't it....LOL.

guys aint use to seeing bare chested guys posing with dead stinky flea infested coyotes. maybe that is why. strange really.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: 6724
there is a difference between posting a thread with vague all encompassing questions, and doing some research and then asking a specific question.

And who makes that determination, you??. Maybe I feel your questions were a waste of time. When someone makes a post asking a question, they probably feel they are asking a good one. If you need more information, ask them for it politely instead of trying to make them feel like an idiot. As I stated before, everybody had questions at one time. Including you!!

Lets go back to when you first joined. Here is a question I consider vague.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...252#Post1825252

Could also pull up some of your questions about coyote hunting and calling them dogs. A coyote is a coyote, not a dog. Big difference when you are talking about hunting something.

How about this one about your Fox Pro turning on. Wouldnt the best solution have been to call Fox Pro instead of asking the question here? You didnt research that one very well before asking. One phone call would have answered and solved the problem.

Now look at this old post you made. Why dont you tell us what changed your opinion and why you are now doing the exact thing you used to complain about

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...720#Post1924720

Originally Posted By: 6724i fully expect to get blasted by some for starting this thread, but i really wonder sometimes about the population on hunting and gun forums.
predator masters is a forum where theoretically we all have a common love for hunting, shooting and the outdoors. if we are all "on the same side" why is there so much name calling, insulting, and overall bashing. it seems that some people read a post and assume that the author means something other than what is written. some will imply that what you wrote is not what you meant. only the author of a post knows what he is trying to get across, how can anyone honestly believe that they know what someone was thinking if that is not what they wrote. it seems these days that if someone's opinion is different, then they are wrong, and will be told so. and when they are told so, insults and name calling should be expected. if someone says the bullet diameter of a 223 is .226, then they are wrong. there is no need to belittle them. however if someone says 223 is a better round for deer than anything else in the whole world, they have a different OPINION. that doesnt mean that they are wrong, they just disagree. there is no need to call them lazy, stupid, arrogant, a jackass, or any other derogatory term. it is just a difference of OPINION. nor should anyone ASSUME that they have used a 223 for deer unless they stated that, nor should they assume that they mean mule deer unless they have stated that, nor should they assume that the guy must be a poacher because he likes 223. only what the person puts in the post is relevant.
there is also no need to get into semantics just to continue badgering someone. most of us here are not secretaries that can type 200 words a minute, sometimes things are abbreviated for the purpose of not having to type out an entire paragraph to explain.
i am on other forums that are not gun or hunting related and have seen almost none of the bickering, name calling, and hatred that is found here. i am not saying that everyone here is that way, i have found many people here that arent quick to judge and bust balls. but what is it that makes some on hunting and gun forums so belligerent?
i have an active thread where i asked a legitimate question and was very quickly insulted personally with a genuine hatred by some. i have responded in a manner that i probably shouldnt have. i have taken to "stirring the pot" a bit, by intentionally posting things that i know will rile people up. the people posting the hatred do not see the reversal of roles, they simply up the ante and come right out with more personal insults.
if you dont like what someone wrote because you differ with their opinion, you can respond with your opinion without telling them that they are an idiot. or you can just move on and not post anything at all.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...480#Post2053480

you are kidding right. have you nothing better to do than look up old posts? and then try to imply they something that they do not?

i did call foxpro with the issue, but you made the assumption that i did not.

a coyote is a dog.

i have not changed my opinion, where in this thread did i make someone out to be an idiot? where in this thread did i call someone a name? in the post of mine quoted, it references people being attacked personally NOT their opinion. i do not see anywhere in this thread that i attacked anyone personally.

strikes me as you are doing EXACTLY what you are accusing me of. but as a moderator, you are the almighty.

Thanks all for contributing to this post. When I first create this post I was having alot of malware stuff on my computer and I had popups coming every which way not to mention that when I typed something I was missing every other or third keystroke. Got someone from work who specialized in this stuff to come and clean out my computer. He states Windows 8's Windows Defender is a POS...and I should have thought of that! Microsoft is not in the AntiVirus business.

I am going to read all though these post and laugh at some of the posts. Some folks are new at this so do not assume everyone is as good as those who have reload for x number of years. Again thanks to those who provide helpful tips.

WOW, This thread went to [beeep] in a hand basket in a short time.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooter

Sorry, but I wasn't drunk...

405 yards

M24Rifle046inchgroup-300.jpg

Catshooter, what kind of coin you got wrapped up into a peashooter like that? If you dont mind me asking?

Originally Posted By: countrymileOriginally Posted By: CatShooter

405 yards

CatShooter, what kind of coin you got wrapped up into a peashooter like that? If you don't mind me asking?

Pieces parts are in the $2.5-3k range, without scope. The group was shot numbers #36, #37, and #38 from the new barrel (so there goes the barrel break-in theory)...

... the spotter called the first shot, but said I missed the second and third, so I stopped shooting on this target... we didn't know the three were touching until the targets were fetched.

I built two of these guns - one (this one) in 308, and one in 300 Winchester Magnum.

They are the two on the bottom with the "Sand and Spinach" stocks.

The pic was taken in my old, poured concrete, walk-in 10'x20' gunsafe... which is no more
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
(the pain of divorce
frown.gif
)

Insidethedoor-640.jpg

Originally Posted By: countrymileVery nice, and I hear you on the "pain" situation. I have been there as well.

My wife told me about 10 years ago that I had better clean up my act because she married me for better or worse, and if I didn't improve I was going to find out what "Worse" meant ........
scared.gif
lol.gif

And that's a TRUE story.
blushing.gif

Originally Posted By: C.JayHow much for the cool hat?

Originally Posted By: CatShooter
Insidethedoor-640.jpg

Not fer sale - I got two of them with an order of ~$7k of computer pieces parts - RugRat and I were building two ""Super computers" and the propeller head hats came with the order for only 0.99 cents extra.

RugRat and I wore them at the park, and chicks loved them.

Wow, this thread is ridiculous! Give a guy a break. The link to precision case prep / preparing cases for long-range accuracy, was right on. Videos from Sierra - perfect. The seating depth suggestions from Berger, or I think Barnes probably does something similar for their bullets - well, if you are going to be shooting VLDs or TSX's, then fine - use that. People's opinions or descriptions about what they have found to work for them, all fine as far as I'm concerned. Everyone is different and may require or desire a different level of accuracy and I think we're all capable of listening and then deciding for ourselves what sounds reasonable or practical to consider adopting as part of our own "process". You can't take everything you hear on the Internet as Gospel. But I know I have learned a TON from good people on forums just like this one who are willing to share some of their time & experience.

Anyway, here's a thread I came across a couple of months back which I thought was quite useful.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3814361.0b

Originally Posted By: CatShooter....RugRat and I wore them at the park, and chicks loved them.

That's why I asked....

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: countrymileOriginally Posted By: CatShooter

405 yards

CatShooter, what kind of coin you got wrapped up into a peashooter like that? If you don't mind me asking?

Pieces parts are in the $2.5-3k range, without scope. The group was shot numbers #36, #37, and #38 from the new barrel (so there goes the barrel break-in theory)...

... the spotter called the first shot, but said I missed the second and third, so I stopped shooting on this target... we didn't know the three were touching until the targets were fetched.

I built two of these guns - one (this one) in 308, and one in 300 Winchester Magnum.

They are the two on the bottom with the "Sand and Spinach" stocks.

The pic was taken in my old, poured concrete, walk-in 10'x20' gunsafe... which is no more
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
(the pain of divorce
frown.gif
)

Insidethedoor-640.jpg

The coolest thing is that you've demonstrated that floppy disks are NOT useless.

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: mailmanmarkget yourself a Tikka and most of the work is done... lol
Lap your barrel, then work on your loads...

Can't argue that point too much. Mine was wonderful straight out of the box.

Back