Acouple of South Ga. Hogs

They are living pretty good on the crops down here no doubt. Dont post pics of the lil ones [beeep]! Here is a couple from last week.

Great work!

Are you shooting bayed hogs? Those look big for a one-out catch. Heck they are big for a one dog bay!
Ours have learned to run. Had a couple 1/2 to 1 mile races here lately.
Deer season is about to shut us down.

Canuroper, I have packed hunted hogs for a number of years and had surgery back in Dec. that put that on hold. Sent 6 pack dogs to Miss. and just kept a couple that were more versatile. The airedale I use for both hogs and yotes and the yellow dog is a pretty fair squirrel dog. I try to carry a dog everytime I go into the woods mostly for recovery etc... I had seen the spotted boar in the pic#1 on 3 seperate occasions and actually shot the hog a week before. Always popping in and out of irrigation ditches on plowed fields. Took Caro and flushed him out of the ditch. Took a running shot on him and thought I missed. Caro stayed on the hog for about 500 yards and kept hitting him on flank. Finally put the brakes on him. Kept him in check for about 10 minutes before I put him down. The first shot had hit him in the flank which helped.

The one with the 5 small hogs was a morn when I shot a big sow and these lil ones went into a 10 acre hardwood circle in the middle of a field. She chased them in there for awhile and they would not come out. Me and buddy slipped in there and waited and was able to get the pack as they ran by. The airedale in pic#8 had caught a small hog and me and a buddy were able to shoot 7 at a water hole. She ran in there and caught the wounded ones. Im not that great of a shot and a dog helps alot.

Im not that great of a shot and a dog helps alot.

If you are killing them with a .223 you must be a pretty darn good shooter. The last three I killed was with a .223 and two was a Bang Flop the other ran 100 yards, shot placement is what its all about and hitting them in the right place is no accident. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Some recent hogs and 1 cat. All local around the farm.
2luswld.jpg

befser.jpg

mihoit.jpg

28l6nps.jpg

r8w85f.jpg

Nice work and great pics!

It is a both a privilege and a pleasure to hunt with fine canines like those.

Congrats!!!

Good job on the pigs!
Didn't see the dogs in the last pic, they still doing good?
I'm in California this week, staying in a motel with a pig crossing sign at the entrance.with no dogs and no gun lol. I'm ready to get back to Ga and chase a few.

Dogs are doing good. Have caught a number recently with them but not the right forum for those pics. The above hogs were taken on days that the dogs were at home- which aint often. Richard

Back