YouTube reloading videos

ninehorses

I spent a little time over on YouTube, watching several reloading videos. I was shocked at the misinformation that was there. It seemed that every beginner re-loader, and I use that term loosely, is putting up a BAD video. Then acting like they are an expert. Several on reading pressure signs and primers are terrible. Breaking down factory rounds, reloading them, and measuring the web for pressure??? Flattened primers, caused by excessive headspace, called high pressure. No good pictures of ejector marks, cratered primers, or even leaks. What was worse was the "Great Job" comments that followed.

My comments weren't as nice.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ninehorsesI spent a little time over on YouTube, watching several reloading videos. I was shocked at the misinformation that was there. It seemed that every beginner re-loader, and I use that term loosely, is putting up a BAD video. Then acting like they are an expert. Several on reading pressure signs and primers are terrible. Breaking down factory rounds, reloading them, and measuring the web for pressure??? Flattened primers, caused by excessive headspace, called high pressure. No good pictures of ejector marks, cratered primers, or even leaks. What was worse was the "Great Job" comments that followed.

My comments weren't as nice.

God... doncha know it. It is a case of the blind leading the blind.

Facebook is even worse. Guys that obviously have never read - and probably don't own - a reloading manual asking really basic questions! My answer is frequently "RTFM."

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesNot all the videos are bad, here is a series of six that are worth a look if you are into shooting bug holes.

Jack Neary Rifle tuning #1

I saved those to files - they are very good - but by the time you can understand them, you are already an very accomplished loader.

Back