Work sharp opinions

coloradocat

What do you guys think of them?anybody use one?is this a good way to sharpen a knife or would it cause damage to your blade?seems fast but faster is not always better thanks for any responses

My limited experience with them has been favorable. Scary sharp, scary fast. My friend who owns the one I got to play with told me that you can round the tip if you finish the stroke wrong.

Custom knife makers use belt sanders and jigs to grind and finish an edge. This seems like a scale model of the same thing to me...

I am going to have to buy one.

The Sportsman's Warehouse in C.Springs has one sitting out on the counter that you can test drive. Maybe one up your way does too?

It works well if you follow the instructions and use the correct grit belts. It can even be used on serrated kitchen knives, scissors, and other work tools that need sharpening.

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerMy limited experience with them has been favorable. Scary sharp, scary fast.

Same here. I like mine an can get my knives sharper more quickly and easily with this tool than by hand.

They are great to get the correct angle no matter what the grit. After getting the angle then use Ceramic to get your Razor edge. I just bought a $200.00 HK made by Benchmade and it will literally shave your face. I just touched it with the Work sharp and have only used Ceramic the last several times I have sharpened it.

Back