Fifteen hogs down with the new Six8 Razorback.

Texaslawman

I have been very blessed and LWRC has sent me one of their Six8 Razorback limited Edition rifles to test, evaluate, and whack hogs with! Having never owned a piston AR before I was not sure what to expect. I received the rifle Thursday it is beautiful.

Over the last two nights I've been hunting one field which is not my typical style but I hunt this place twice a year its right on a river and has soybeans planted. This field is 2000 yards X 1000 yards of flat earth with no cover. The first few days after planting and harvest are usually great hunting. The last two years have been pretty slow they wont come out into the middle of the field anymore, they hang close to the edges close to cover. The rain came through and cut our hunt short this year you will sink above your knees in these fields when wet, but I still managed to knock down 15 with the new Six8 Razorback.

Two nice boars were taken the best was this guy 280 pounds worth of razorback he went down DRT at about 120 yards. He was actually the last hog killed before we got washed out.

Next was this guy he took a 120 sst on the run at 140 yards knocked him over, he rolled then still managed to get up and make it 40 yards into the river beds thick cover before expiring.

Here is a short video clip where we take 7 out of 8 in this group. The hogs were 130 yards from us, for some strange reason they all tried to get to their trail coming into the field instead of just running into the cover. That cost them dearly and you will see in the video they are all getting popped right at the covers edge there was a nice pile of them on that trail LOL. The farmer hunting with me was using a 300 blackout with factory Barnes 110 black tips, after this weekend it is for sale not one hog he hit went straight down.
[video:youtube][/video]

Here are a few of the smaller hogs.

That's some good shooting Lawman.
I like that New Rifle. Does the Piston System shoot any Quieter than your traditional Ar Gas Block setup with a suppressor on ??

I have a Stainless AWC 5.56 Raider and a Titanium 7.62 Gemtech.
I think the Raider is a shade Quieter, but the Gemtech wins by weight. It's very Light, Almost like no attachment on the barrel.

Also, I love my Thermal Scope and I tell everyone who wants to Look thru it,, Don't Do It.
It'll addict you for LIFE!!

I got to get me a Recorder!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crowkiller51That's some good shooting Lawman.
I like that New Rifle. Does the Piston System shoot any Quieter than your traditional Ar Gas Block setup with a suppressor on ??

I have a Stainless AWC 5.56 Raider and a Titanium 7.62 Gemtech.
I think the Raider is a shade Quieter, but the Gemtech wins by weight. It's very Light, Almost like no attachment on the barrel.

Also, I love my Thermal Scope and I tell everyone who wants to Look thru it,, Don't Do It.
It'll addict you for LIFE!!

I got to get me a Recorder!

It was really quiet but so was my friends blackout both rifles were extremely quiet that night. I will have a decibel meter soon to do some suppressor test. It had the Gemtech HVT thread on 30 cal can on it. Im hoping my new YHM titanium can will be in this month to test.

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51I noticed in the pics your changing optics.
Tell us what your using.

I used a pvs-14 behind the eotech some, the thermal was a W1000 scope. Was just testing out different systems getting a feel for the rifle. It had only been in my possession for less than 24 hours. Im going to try several different setups on this rifle.

I have noticed that different night time conditions effect the sound of my suppressors and I've noticed night conditions effect my Thor Thermal Scope. Some nights my scope is extremely clear, (mostly low humidity and cool) and some nights are hazy, (high humidity and steamy).But I still love killing those hogs regardless how hot or humid!
BTW- My goal is to catch your hog kill count. I'm gaining on ya, I don't have but a K to go!
Keep up the Killing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crowkiller51I have noticed that different night time conditions effect the sound of my suppressors and I've noticed night conditions effect my Thor Thermal Scope. Some nights my scope is extremely clear, (mostly low humidity and cool) and some nights are hazy, (high humidity and steamy).But I still love killing those hogs regardless how hot or humid!
BTW- My goal is to catch your hog kill count. I'm gaining on ya, I don't have but a K to go!
Keep up the Killing.

My hog killing has slowed way down instead of 20-30 a day now 20-30 is a good weekend. They learn were it's safe and where it's not. Fortunately they breed fast enough I still get some new to the area targets!

Good looking setup. I have always wanted to try the LWRC 6.8. I have the LMT 5.56 in a piston gun and love it but I think the 6.8 would be a much better round for hogs. I have a 300AAC blackout but I'm not convinced it is enough knockdown if your placement isn't perfect every time.

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73Good looking setup. I have always wanted to try the LWRC 6.8. I have the LMT 5.56 in a piston gun and love it but I think the 6.8 would be a much better round for hogs. I have a 300AAC blackout but I'm not convinced it is enough knockdown if your placement isn't perfect every time.

I've seen a mixed bag of results with the blackout most people that have used them while hunting with me converted to the 6.8. I have blackouts, 5.56's, .308's to choose from but keep picking up the 6.8

Can't stop looking at the Razorback online... You know what that means... Gotta go give the sales pitch to the Mrs. Just bought a .308 LMT a month ago so it will be a tough sell but maybe she will eventually get tired of me talking about it and make it her idea to buy it for me for Christmas!

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73Not sure if I will put the Aquila on it or use a DBAL with a PVS 14/EoTech combo.

If you are going to use a PVS 14 get one with an L3 tube for 6.8 recoil.

Back