Favorite Broadhead?

shipply

Been using the old thunderheads for years, recently switched arrows, and am considering switching up on broadheads aswell. So I am sticking with a fixed 3 blade and in the running are the G5 striker, Muzzys or the new one from Wasp . Anyone got any favorites out of these 3 . All 100 gr.

Yes I looked at the montecs, the only difference between them and the strikers is the replaceable blades on the striker, montecs need sharpened . I can't find the new wasp Drone up here to compare . Lots of muzzy s in stock though.

The strikers are good heads they flew good for me a few years ago. Iv since switched to slick trick mags they fly even better out to 50-60yds. They penetrate really good too.

Why switch from the thunderheads. Been using them for years. Tried the montecs and did not like how dull they were right out of the package. Even tried the he11riasers. They were pretty good but went back to the thunderheads. Use them for deer and when I want to smack a yote out of the stand the he11raisers get pulled out if I have time. They fly great in every bow that I have used.

To be honest they are getting harder to find up here, I have 3 heads left and a dozen or so replacement blades. But I have been looking can find the 125 gr but no 100. They just don't seemed to be stocked by or local archery shops anymore. Grim reapers , muzzy, and the g5 offerings are plenty. One guy carries wasp.

Amazon carries 100 grain thunderheads if you don't mind mail order. I shot the 125's for quite a few years great flying heads. Swapped over to a 2 blade cut on contact shooting a Magnus classic vented
J

I am a huge huge huge fan of the Striker. They've always flown like bullets for me, and I've put down a lot of critters with them. I actually stockpiled them in case they quit making them.

I really like the G5 Montec. Been shooting them for almost 14 years and they still haven't changed. That has to say something.

Been shooting the Slick Trick standard 4 blade head with most excellent results. I know that this was not on your short list, but if you happen upon some or don't mind ordering, they are accurate, sharp, kill well, and have replaceable blades if you need to replace them.

I know they aren't a 3 blade, but I'm shooting slick tricks also. I shoot the mags and they are awesome heads. I've shot just about every major brand out there (killed deer with all of them too) and I've settled on tricks. I'll be shooting FMJ's with tricks until they stop making them.

trophy taker shuttle -t locks for me, need a touchup out of the box but fly stupid good for me and have performed flawlessly. I shot the slick tricks when they first came out and liked them, my concern became penetration...seemed like the steep angle of the 4 blades hindered them a bit,(my guess)but what a tough head and flew great.

I know that you said the montecs/snuffers need to be sharpened but they are the easiest broadheads to sharpen. The snuffers also have a lifetime warranty on them.

here is a video on sharpening them I know it may not change you mind but I am going to the Snuffers due to the warranty and the ease of sharpening, also my dad has been shooting the snuffers for years and took 6 deer and a couple turkeys with the same head and when he noticed some damage sent it to magnus and recieved a new one with no questions asked.

Grim reapers. Tough as nails. Shoot EXACTLY like a field tip. Pick them up, wipe them off, close the blades, and shoot em again

I used to shot Thunderheads but switched to the Wasp SST 100 grain a few years ago. I have been thinking on trying the Rage 2 blade.

Shot a hog this evening but was a little far back and could not find it.

Well I went with the Strikers from G5, and so far so good. Managed to get into a small band of elk and run one thru a small bull.. Shot placement was good , internal damage was great, blood trail good. Very happy so far!
Now to see if me and a buddy can get the moose to come to the call.

Back