Night Vision Crossbow Hog Killin'!!

Victor_TNVC

We shot and killed two feral hogs with a crossbow while using NODs and a IR laser in our recent hunt at Wild River Ranch in Victoria, Texas. This video, only shows one of the hogs we took, however, I am editing down the video of the second one we got. Essentially, we just mounted a PEQ-15 on the picatinny rail that sits up on top of the crossbow, and zero'd it.

We got PID on these hogs, at about 200 yards out from Doc Lucci and stalked up on them, until eventually Kyle (whom had the crossbow) was roughly 20 yards from this sounder. This hog in particular, got popped pretty good and we tracked him for a bit, until we encountered a nice patch of thick brush where I assume he laid down to die, and so we called it. We had more hogs to exterminate on the property, and we knew that wasting our time trying to find this one, wasn't the best idea since we had many more to kill.

Honestly, with this many hog in one area and really only one designated shooter (with a crossbow at that) it's a little less than safe in my opinion. Fortunately, these bastards didn't try to run back towards us. It would have been interesting to say the least.

If you look closely at the slow motion replay, you will notice that when the arrow passed through the hog, the hog did a barrel roll, then ran into thick brush. Details on the equipment we were using, are in the video itself. If you guys gave any questions, please feel free to ask them

To my knowledge, this is the first video of a hog kill with a PEQ-15 mounted to a crossbow. We had a blast hunting with the gang at Wild River Ranch, and can't wait to do it again.

Back