opinions - reviews Pursuit X-1 Spotting Scope?

borrowed time

I am thinking of getting a spotting scope for hunting and sight seeing that's clear, tough, and compact for $150 - $175.

I've found one that interests me at Bass Pro, the Pursuit X-1 scope:

Pursuit X1 scope

It is not metal but polycarbonate housing, rubber armored, dual focus controls, & Cassegrain-style mirror system.

I have a pair of Pursuit binos that are the best I've ever owned for their clarity and sharpness so I think the brand is a good mid range optic.

Anyone have one or used someone elses? I've never heard good or bad about the Cassegrain-style optics, any issues? are they more sensitive to shock than others if they get bumped?

Thank you!

well, i went and played with a couple of Pursuit spotting scopes and ended up with a different, less expensive, in-line scope. i didnt like the angled eye piece, especially when the rubber rim came off with the lens cover.

I picked up the Redhead Pursuit standard spotting scope:

[img:left]http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/BassPro/12050408595311is[/img]

Pursuit Spotting scope

I saved $20 and it has very nice features, especially the front end, extendable sun shade to block reflection. I like the "macro/micro" dual focus knobs too.

Cons? It's only 48 power at max, & the "too-basic" bipod so i replaced it with a Vanguard short tripod.

Last edited:
Back