"Buy it now" can be a dangerous thing......................

2muchgun

DLT Trading Co (A great dealer who I am very familiar with) had this for a great price on Fleabay. Considerably less than going rate, as they often do with certain brands. Truth is, I didn't even know what a good price it was at the time. I didn't care.

It took me less than 5 seconds to hit the BIN button
crazy.gif

Needless to say, I really like the piece:

BRKTImpala1_zps7745ec1a.jpg

BRKTImpala3_zpsf9d7af82.jpg

BRKTImpala2_zpsd0ce3b04.jpg

It just so happens to share one of my favorite blade profiles. Which just so happens to be on another knife I love. This BlackJack M4. I blackened up the A-2 steel nicely. "Razor sharp" is an understatement:

82B1293D-0050-4F01-ACAD-5E37B2740AF7_zps9hkhavbi.jpg

9B6FD7A2-1EFE-4D83-B14E-24F8AF9C086E_zpsdtve2khf.jpg

As I have stated many times in the past, convex ground tool steel, with a proper heat treat, will pretty much out-cut anything I have encountered.

Bark River/BlackJack do A-2 right. Very right.

Thanks for looking..........

Thanks man. I have lusted for an impala horned knife for some time. Just never found "the one". I have seen other BRKT Nomads with Impala. But this particular knife has the best horn of the bunch. At least of all that I have seen. The spirals are thicker or wider than every other one I have seen to date.

Couple that with the fact that I was already familiar/in love with the blade profile, and it didn't take long for me to succumb to the fever.......again......

It came in yesterday. It is even better than the pics. That surprised me. Unexpectedly light and well balanced also. I think it is already one of my favorite fixed blades and I just got it.........

A-2 is a great tool steel to work with, easy to heat treat and stable. Its what i used when i was making blades.
You have some nice blades there sir!

Back