Pig rifle

Originally Posted By: BRUSHCUTTER220 swift with 52 gr sierra HPBT match at 3700fps
Hammer of Thor
I shoot the sierra #1390 out of my AR-15, tough bullet.

Last edited:
I picked this up for 400$. Winchester 94AE 44mag. I haven't ever hunted hogs but a buddy and I are planning on going when he gets back from the police academy. Thinking of using this or having a 760 in 270 punched to 338-06

Savage Trophy Hunter XP for $550 comes with an old model (some say better than the new) Nikon Prostaff scope 3-9 with BDC reticle. It's a Savage 11/111 with an accutrigger. Sell the Nikon and upgrade if that's what you want.

i've shot them with suppressed 22lr subsonic to 45/70 405 grain bullets. just get a gun you're comfortable with and practice until you can hit quarter to half dollar size targets at whatever distance you hunt in your neck of the woods... the bigger the caliber the more forgiving the shot ( to an extend). pick your bullet wisely whatever you shoot... i've killed some good ones with 223 , but i load barnes bullets for that.. they do a great job .. out of the box awesome gun just IMHO , tikka t3!
I have a 223 that i had re-chambered in 300 aac blackout... it's my goto gun with thermal scope.

Diggin that hog cart
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: JohninTXi've shot them with suppressed 22lr subsonic to 45/70 405 grain bullets. just get a gun you're comfortable with and practice until you can hit quarter to half dollar size targets at whatever distance you hunt in your neck of the woods... the bigger the caliber the more forgiving the shot ( to an extend). pick your bullet wisely whatever you shoot... i've killed some good ones with 223 , but i load barnes bullets for that.. they do a great job .. out of the box awesome gun just IMHO , tikka t3!
I have a 223 that i had re-chambered in 300 aac blackout... it's my goto gun with thermal scope.

Dude, I dig your toys and how you play with them.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: getfoxyI picked this up for 400$. Winchester 94AE 44mag. I haven't ever hunted hogs but a buddy and I are planning on going when he gets back from the police academy. Thinking of using this or having a 760 in 270 punched to 338-06

I want one of those Gary, I never find deals like that.

Chupa

Wasn't being a smart [beeep]. my buddy hunts with his golf cart. its electric. like a taco bell fart. silent but deadly.

Originally Posted By: gmeWasn't being a smart [beeep]. my buddy hunts with his golf cart. its electric. like a taco bell fart. silent but deadly. LOL none taken ...

the electric cart was needed, as i realized really quick that the pigs learned that when i fired up the gas cart and roamed around it was killing time.. they quit showing up during the night . i switched to electric and that fixed that!
(they ain't stupid!!)

A pic of my personal rifle chambered in 6.8. So far drops every pig I hit in it's tracks.
46c85323ba2fb7c02643b0f63840ae1a_zps5e896adb.jpg

A pig from last weekend during the super moon I took using the 6.8.
35e6720dbc0a4d16e2ce996c248884d2_zps49698f0d.jpg

Last edited:
Back