Wyoming Rock Chuck hunt

chuck hunter

This is my latest chuck hunting video.
The screw in my bipod fell out, so I couldn't tighten it down on my rifle and I had to shoot resting on my day pack.
The guy shooting the 25-06 couldn't figure out how to work my camera, so I recorded most of the footage.

https://vimeo.com/99384642

Thank you for the positive comments.
I'm getting way to old to hike in on a hunt like that. But now that the hunt is over and the video is in the can (so to say).
We did have a good time.
I'm more of a bench shooter at my age. But I wanted to hit that spot at least one more time before my hunting days are over.

I've hunted the whole area below Yellowstone down to dome mountain.
It's been good the whole way. I see chucks everywhere I've been.
I've been hunting Utah, Idaho and Wyoming and I see chucks everywhere I go.
It's just a matter of getting out there.
Sit and glass for a while. They don't stay under ground, so keep looking and they show up just about any where that looks like good chuck habitat.

Originally Posted By: wilydawgNice video!

Looks like you had a blast making it!

I enjoy hunting, making the videos and sharing with others. But there has been a controversy lately about the sharing part.
There is so much anti gun and anti hunting talk in the wake of modern times, we may not be permitted to do that much longer.
The anti groups are forcing our love of shooting, to go underground.
I think we can all agree, it's sad when we need to act as if WE are doing something wrong.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Good video and shooting as well.

Thank you Dave. I enjoy watching your videos also.
I was trying to shoot from the top of my day pack and I was aiming at the whole mountain.
But it was a good day.

Originally Posted By: kyyotestalkerNice shooting, I am patiently awaiting your next video!

Thank you for your support in this day and ago of "ANTI" everything.

Back