Carlsons coyote choke tube question

Davey_O

I just picked up Carlsons coyote choke tube that is Invector plus and I was wondering if it was good for all buckshot sizes or just may be number four buckshot. Also I was wondering if anyone had a suggestions for any particular shot size or brand name of this sort of buckshot that shoots we'll with this choke, I was hoping for patterns of maybe 50+ yards. Dave

Thought Id
Add that I bought this browning pump shotgun used and he came with original chokes(sold them off)but right now I'm using extended chokes full modified and Carlson light mod.

Here ya go. Have fun. :
smile.gif

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=777351#Post777351

Regards,
hm

I was hoping that it would might have some more information about the coyote got choked by carlson for the for the browning that's that's basically what I was after if anybody has one of these type guns to maybe reply and Inview no get their information about that coyote choke

The Carlsons Coyote choke probably won't arrive till next week through the mail and I'm hoping do some patterning with it. TrAlso about the same time I'll be getting that Carlsons Carlson extended light mod choke that I want to try Rem/Win 3in buck I have on hand. I washoping the pattern some number four Buck some and some number one buck also I want to try the Coyote choke.

I have the Carlson's Coyote choke in my Browning Maxus which uses the invector plus threads and love it. Throws real good patterns out to 60 yards with the 3.5" Hevishot Dead Coyote T shot. I have killed coyotes further than 60 yards with it but that was really just a lucky shot. I would think that it would be ok to use most buckshot sizes with but you should probably email Carlson's to double check.

Originally Posted By: Josh PearsonI have the Carlson's Coyote choke in my Browning Maxus which uses the invector plus threads and love it. Throws real good patterns out to 60 yards with the 3.5" Hevishot Dead Coyote T shot. I have killed coyotes further than 60 yards with it but that was really just a lucky shot. I would think that it would be ok to use most buckshot sizes with but you should probably email Carlson's to double check. thanks so much was hoping someone would come around with the Coyote tube and with Invector plus is a plus also. Can you please tell me what constriction it is on that choke?

Update: I was browsing on other topics in this forum and I found that the Carlson coyote choke for Invector plus is .655 can this be correct?

Wasn't certain if it would be tighter than .680 but that might not work too well with shooting 00's just have to try patterning them ASAP. The main shot size I bought it to try is Rem #4 buckshot for yotes, hope it's not too tight a choke.

Originally Posted By: Davey_OWasn't certain if it would be tighter than .680 but that might not work too well with shooting 00's just have to try patterning them ASAP. The main shot size I bought it to try is Rem #4 buckshot for yotes, hope it's not too tight a choke. I was told when I ordered my CDC that it was .665 but when I got it was .670

I bought it with no idea of the constriction because it never specified it. That being said I gauged it to be .670- .680 on a key chain style choke measuring tool, I unfortunately it isn't as accurate as calipers.

Originally Posted By: Davey_OI really hope it is not too tight for 00 buck, I bet it will pattern well with some hevishot BB loads though.

If it were me I wouldn't shoot 00 in a .665!! It could cause an unhealthy environment.

I Have One. Patterned Number 4 Buckshot Well Out To Fifty Yards. Not Seventy Like It Was Claimed. Although My Pattern Master Out Patterned It.

Thanks for the info. I, myself have a Patternmaster long range and it patterns the Federal #4 3 inch buckshot in the blue box better than any other load I've ever tried. At 45-50 yards it puts 2/3 of the pellets within a 12 inch circle.

Back