TURKISH HOGS ( WILD BOARS ) !!!!!!

doublecheese

Hi guys ,

Been busy and away for a while but now that I am back I can show you I have been up to lately....
scared.gif
blink.gif

Here are some of the wild boars I shot recently, all pictures are from 2014...

I used a 300 Win Mag, Steyr Mannlicher Rifle with 220gr. Sako Hammerheads bullets.

All shots were aimed to the head or the shoulders, some of them were running fast so I could not hit them on the right point, but all boars were 99% instantly dead... Only 2 managed to run away like 50-60 meters.

2uxm.jpg

w2ge.jpg

3lal.jpg

d0j0.jpg

dplx.jpg

1skb.jpg

5pn7.jpg

qhlr.jpg

stayk.jpg

armgd.jpg

xm8g.jpg

bupt.jpg

4x8z.jpg

9mi5h.jpg

agey.jpg

9p15.jpg

1u4v.jpg

6b6n.jpg

1f26.jpg

9qnz.jpg

bqu2.jpg

6lit.jpg

7qefm.jpg

Those are truly awesome! think you could sneak some of that blood back to the US so people wouldn't be lying when they say they're hunting russians? ha!

Holy Mackeral, those are some awesome Russian boars!!!

Nice work, doublecheese, bet you got some nice mounts out of those beasts!

I think I would be using a Winchester .458 on those...

Originally Posted By: guessThose are truly awesome! think you could sneak some of that blood back to the US so people wouldn't be lying when they say they're hunting russians? ha!

There are even bigger ones but I did not come across to them yet
smile.gif

@Predburner , lol there are still lots of them 'cos most people do not eat them here...

@Skypup , the mounts are being prepared :), the biggest tusks I got so far are about 26cm (about 10.24 inch) I know people getting a foot long tuskers. In Turkey many use .375 or 9.3x62 but .300 WM 220gr is also very good.

Someday, I should organize a Wild Boar hunt and you guys should come over and shoot them monsters yourselves
smile.gif

It's great fun , we can make Driven hunts, Bait and Stalking hunts at night
smile.gif

LOL
smile.gif

Our hogs can fly too :))

They are only dangerous when they are wounded but even then 99% of the time they tend to run away, I have heard some stories about guys being attacked by wounded hogs. As long as you aim/shoot right nothing to worry about.

I got one last night I shot him from his shoulder , he fell down instantly but did not die immediately. You could easily hear him sharpening his tusks getting ready for me but he could not get up due to the bullet wound. I did not have my knife with me so I had to shoot him again from his head to stop him for good.

In this below link you can see his last video from my trail cam, after that due to low battery it started taking only pictures.
Trail Cam

And here are his last pictures...... Fresh from last night. BTW this one is quite small one in size and has also small tuskers, they were only 21cm (8.2 inch)

ppozo.jpg

zpl1s.jpg

bkyo.jpg

wwnu5.jpg

Originally Posted By: doublecheeseHi guys ,

Been busy and away for a while but now that I am back I can show you I have been up to lately....
scared.gif
blink.gif

Here are some of the wild boars I shot recently, all pictures are from 2014...

I used a 300 Win Mag, Steyr Mannlicher Rifle with 220gr. Sako Hammerheads bullets.

All shots were aimed to the head or the shoulders, some of them were running fast so I could not hit them on the right point, but all boars were 99% instantly dead... Only 2 managed to run away like 50-60 meters.

2uxm.jpg

w2ge.jpg

3lal.jpg

d0j0.jpg

dplx.jpg

1skb.jpg

5pn7.jpg

qhlr.jpg

stayk.jpg

armgd.jpg

xm8g.jpg

bupt.jpg

4x8z.jpg

9mi5h.jpg

agey.jpg

9p15.jpg

1u4v.jpg

6b6n.jpg

1f26.jpg

9qnz.jpg

bqu2.jpg

6lit.jpg

7qefm.jpg

Those are some BIG hogs doublecheese. What is the average weight of these boars? Im assuming the hog meat is dog food?

These big ones are like about 440lbs. These are above the average .

I have seen many others at around 700lbs shot by others. But you can't find them that easy.

Just before the mating season they are at their biggest size.

You are right, although I eat these pigs, many don't and it's generally dog food.

I lived in Turkey from 1971 - 1975. The base rod & gun club had some boar shoulder mounts that were simply massive, especially to a skinny 10 year old kid
wink.gif

I was told the guys went to east Turkey to hunt them. At that time, anything with a rifled barrel was highly illegal. they used shotguns with slugs or archery tackle to hunt them.

I'm not sure, but I think you have to leave your rifle and ammo at the local police station and then go there to check it out for a day hunt, they only let you have a couple of rounds of ammo to take with you?

DC will probably chime in on the gun restrictions but I don't think you are even allowed to own reloading components?

Originally Posted By: Lefty SRHThe size is simply impressive. The LONG snouts are almost comical. Awesome hogs there Doublecheese

You're right they have long snouts, newer thought of that before
smile.gif

Well the things have changed. We can carry our rifles, shotguns etc. anywhere we like as long as the rifle's licence with us.

The only down side is we are legally allowed to have 200 bullets per rifle per year....

However due to high price of rifles 95% of the hunters still use semi automatic shotguns. They are cheap and on shotguns no limitation on slugs or others.

Rifles are expensive, that's why many still use shotguns. My Steyr Mannlicher SSG04 rifle is around 15.000 Euro which is USD 20.000$, the very same rifle would cost 2000-2500$ in the U.S.

Also we can't just import rifles from U.S or Germany or whereever. We have the buy the rifles from Government's special rifle sales offices.

Or we can buy any rifle from: Consulate, embassy workers, cops, military staff, etc. who had been stationed abroad. Because these guys have the right to import their own guns and we pay these guys some fee so they use their right to supply the rifle we want. But these guys have only ONE right so they sell this right minimum USD 3500$.

As you can see life is not easy for us when it comes to guns, I would love to have the U.S gun laws regulated here.

smile.gif

Back