Possible cheap video target monitor

Add $130 the the price of the crap scope you have that you can't even use to see your shots at 100 yards... Coulda just purchased a scope that works instead of buying additional crap and have a bunch of crap. I laugh at guys that shoot 3 shots at a 12" target and have to actually walk down to see where the bullets landed.

Last time I was at a public range testing loads the rangemaster came over with a Barska spotting scope and insisted I borrow it to see my shots at 100 yards. Slow day I guess. I refused and assured him I could see my .17cal holes just fine. He was amazed. I was annoyed at his persistance. When he realized I had a Leupold VX3 scope ($530 on sale) he said, "Oh THAT's why you can see your shots". I can see my shots pretty well with my $300 Nikon Bucknasters too. And with my $125 Simmons Aetec. No need to buy a spotting scope or a video camera...

I sure wish I could see my shots at 450 yrds.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGAdd $130 the the price of the crap scope you have that you can't even use to see your shots at 100 yards... Coulda just purchased a scope that works instead of buying additional crap and have a bunch of crap. I laugh at guys that shoot 3 shots at a 12" target and have to actually walk down to see where the bullets landed.

Last time I was at a public range testing loads the rangemaster came over with a Barska spotting scope and insisted I borrow it to see my shots at 100 yards. Slow day I guess. I refused and assured him I could see my .17cal holes just fine. He was amazed. I was annoyed at his persistance. When he realized I had a Leupold VX3 scope ($530 on sale) he said, "Oh THAT's why you can see your shots". I can see my shots pretty well with my $300 Nikon Bucknasters too. And with my $125 Simmons Aetec. No need to buy a spotting scope or a video camera...

Originally Posted By: C.JayI sure wish I could see my shots at 450 yrds.
The linked video cam only "works" to 450 FEET, not yards.

Yeah, 150 yards is definiatly not needed. On white paper in favorable conditions it's still not unusual to be able to spot 6mm holes out to 500 yards +/- with a decent 20X+ scope. Average conditions 300 yards is no problem. Get the mirage going a bit & all bets are off.

I made my own for around $230...but I already had a Sony Hanycam & portable power source(s). I've had it working @ 790 yards without a high gain antenna hooked up. I haven't experimented with the antenna yet, but I assume my system would be good out to a mile easily!!

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: C.JayI sure wish I could see my shots at 450 yrds.
The linked video cam only "works" to 450 FEET, not yards.

Misread the data, thanks for the correction.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: coyotekiller82I made my own for around $230...but I already had a Sony Hanycam & portable power source(s). I've had it working @ 790 yards without a high gain antenna hooked up. I haven't experimented with the antenna yet, but I assume my system would be good out to a mile easily!!

Got a parts list, been wanting one for shooting steel.

When you guys get older, let me know how well those scopes work for you picking out tiny little holes. I never wanted any of these gadgets 25yrs ago either.

PM sent

Originally Posted By: OrphanedcowboyOriginally Posted By: coyotekiller82I made my own for around $230...but I already had a Sony Hanycam & portable power source(s). I've had it working @ 790 yards without a high gain antenna hooked up. I haven't experimented with the antenna yet, but I assume my system would be good out to a mile easily!!

Got a parts list, been wanting one for shooting steel.

When you guys get older, let me know how well those scopes work for you picking out tiny little holes. I never wanted any of these gadgets 25yrs ago either.

Yep, I can attest to aging eyes. On top of that, I have a pigmentation leak in my right eye (shooting eye) and that makes it even worse. I even have trouble now seeing pistol sights. Having something to view bullet impact a bit better seems would be a plus, that is if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Otherwise I'll walk.

Back