Lightweight 16" 5.56/223/Wylde 1n8" twist barrel rec's?

d2admin

Administrator
Looking for a non m4 contour, non chrome lined pencil thin 16" barrel. I prefer a Wylde chamber, but will take a 5.56. No preference on finish or maker, I just want a good barrel for the daughter's rifle. I built her one and she likes it off the bench, but not so much in the blind or on a stand. I bought her a tripod, but it is still heavier than she wants. Her current rifle is 8lbs with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 in a DNZ mount and a fluted medium contour barrel.

It's not a pencil barrel, but Nordic components has a stainless one that's lighter weight. It's a 1:8 twist wylde chambered. If it's not light enough the way it comes you could always send it to Adco for a re-profile in front of the gas block to lighten it up even more.

Have you given thought to a poly lower and some lightweight handguard? My niece is small for her age and she is kinda the same way. I told her shell just have to practivpce with it and get used to it. I'd hate to change the whole ar just to redo it in a year. She. Mostly shoots the 22 and 223 single shot HR

I put this one together with a $95 DTI barrel from JSE Surplus. With the crappy trigger and a 4x scope, it will still shoot an MOA group with my handloads. As this sits, it is still around 7 pounds.

I got this one from Palmetto State Armory. The complete gun minus scope and mounts is 6.2 pounds.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...ing-handle.html

CC1E22C0-53AF-4955-9193-9DFB85295D0A_zpsrg0ghk5i.jpg

It is a 1:7 twist.

I would have gotten this one with the scope and mount if they had had it when I ordered.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php...ing-handle.html

I put together a lightweight last year with a Bravo Company lightweight barrel, carbon fiber free float tube and Ace light weight stock.It shoots small 3 shot groups and with a Leupold 1.5 x 4 zombie scope weights in at 5 lbs. 13 ozs.
I'm hoping to add a couple of pounds of thermal scope to it this fall.

AR performance has one of the lightest non chrome lined barrels I could find. Only other real option for me was a semi custom or a JP, either at probably 500 bucks. I'm very happy with it, light, handy, the melonite is great. Can't beat the price, and even managed to get a .233" group out of it!

Daniel Defense makes a Pencil Barrel available on GunBroker.
1-7. I bought one , it shoots 1/2 MOA with Sierra 69MK's.
You can't go wrong with a DD!

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Daniel Defense makes a Pencil Barrel available on GunBroker.
1-7. I bought one , it shoots 1/2 MOA with Sierra 69MK's.
You can't go wrong with a DD!

+ 1 for DD

Back