Schatt & Morgan Heritage Series.................................................

2muchgun

I have been eyeing these since they came out 2-3 years ago. Can't believe it took me this long to break down and buy one(top pic). They are built old school to exact same specs as in the 1903-1908 S&M catalogs. As close to original patterns as possible by Queen custom shop (S&M division).

1095 steel blades
nickel steel liners
Norway steel bolsters
Pinned shields
Rosewood, Ebony, or bone scales
Original Gowanda NY or Titusville, PA tang stamps
NO BILLBOARDS on blades

These are the kinda pocket knives that I dig. Made the right way:

SampMHeritage_zps8405e169.jpg

SampMHeritageCollection_zpse2bd42c5.jpg

Nice!
I saw those in Russel's last catalogue.
I was tempted.
They remind me of some of the pattern's GEC's been producing lately.
I especially like the spear point.

That knife's very similar to my beloved North Woods Indian River Jack.
Everyone should own a good old fashioned Jack knife IMO.

I kinda figgered you would like it, Charlie.

Definitely very similar to the Northwoods, also, which I also dig.

I could like either in ebony, also....

It came in mail today. Even better than expected. Backsprings and half-stop are smooth/perfect. Much better than modern knives ever seem to be. I have opened/owned more folders than I can/will ever remember. When I open one up, and the feel immediately catches my attention, I know it is "special". It doesn't happen very often.

It also locks up solid and has a very solid feel to it. No blade play in any direction. Liners are a touch thicker than normal, and blade is nicely centered. No gaps between blade/backspring, just a smooth, well aligned transition.

Rosewood was a pleasant surprise also. It has a pretty nice chunk of wood on it. Much better than knife in pic. And scales are fit perfectly with uniform thickness.

I spent $62 shipped NIB. I don't think you could get more for less. It is obvious they paid very close attention to detail. More so than typically exhibited on most of today's factory folders. Needless to say, very happy with it.

I may just have to get an ebony clip point at some time......

Back