Any knife and hawk throwers

Rich44

I know this may be sacrilegious to serious knife guys but, my brother and myself have been throwing since we were kids (along time ago) use to drive my folks crazy no kitchen knife was safe, then my uncle hooked us up with some real throwers.
I have owned a basketfull of throwing knives but really like these the best mostly because they look and perform like a real knife, they are very tough and hold a edge great, they were made from cutoffs from buggy springs by a local Amishman that makes alot of primitive knives and flintlocks for the rendezvous/mountain man crowd

ea181a98-5c23-4b3c-964c-11c2244f41ff_zpsbe7b1ef1.jpg

5c73d5c1-c519-40c0-9ace-a37486e748c5_zpsebe0ffb9.jpg

That's cool Rich.
Used to have a guy in our old Deer camp that was a knife thrower. He was really good too (out to about 10-20 feet).

He11 yeah, very cool. I have a Cold Steel thrower I was toying with before Michigan turned into the arctic tundra.....

Yup! Thrown both for over 30 years. Won a lot of stuff with the knife and hawk.

Still trying to find one of the old Hawken Shop Beavertails.

Moosetrot

Love hawks! Here's a couple I made and a couple I need to finish making. I learned not to make the handles so ornate because eventually they split if you throw them enough.

Eric

this site keeps getting better i love throwing knives and hawks.any you guys ever go to friendship in,to the muzzle loading shoot.theres alot to do there with hawks an knives an muzzle loader matches.if have the time its worth the trip,steve

guys,these shoots are thru national muzzle loaders assn.friendship only one i been or go to.sure there has to be others i see plates from all states.when walking around they have camping sites extra large flea market.i thiknk its 9days they have a spring and fall shoot.its truly a great family time and place for kids to learn history,steve o spring shoot in june an fall in sept.

Ken
Cold steel has some nice throwers which one do you have?

Charlie
Thats what I love about deer camp playing with all the cool toys

Virginian
Those are really nice, I have some fancy hawks but dont throw them much I hate replacing these handles

85a3c37a-3681-4a2a-aeca-25fcbb686079_zpsfbb91dd8.jpg

Moose
Yep I've won a few also and would also like one of those Hawken shop Beavertails I've thrown some at the rendezvous I think they still make a Bowie style

Steve
I haven't ever made it to Friendship but have been to about 6 of the Eastern primitive rendezvous, some of the best times I ever had

Brad
I don't know your toy box has some very cool stuff in it

Rich44-I had a buddy who had one and he made some schematic drawings of it for me. That was in around 1985. I still have the drawings, though and there's a good chance that I'll be setting up my forge, etc. this summer. I'm thinking the leaf spring from a Corvair just might be the ticket.

Yeah, I've seen the Bowies but I've always like throwing the beavertail-styled knives.

I was a relatively large rendevous trader for a lot of years. I carried replacement hawk handles so I was always a strong promoter of "handle throws". I also carried and still throw hawks made by Daryl Meier(sp?) from southern Illinois. The bit in those things used to take chunks out of other hawk heads. Still have my original one from 1979.

Moosetrot

Originally Posted By: Buster HindendRich, you and Ken have the coolest toys, period

Thanks for sharing

Like Rick said, your toy box ain't doin' too bad either these days.....
grin.gif

Back