A few recent pick-ups......................

2muchgun

Randall #26 sambar stag/ O-1:
Randall26stag3_zps33408053.png

Randall26stag2_zps0394c23c.png

Randall26stag1_zps5d504001.png

Jim Behring/Treeman trout and deer in crown stag/0-1 spring steel:
BehringCrownStag1_zpsaa31d7ea.png

BehringCrownStag2_zps9f53c939.png

Bark River Gunny in G-10/A2:
BarkRiverGunny_zps15dc61c9.png

Queen Mountain Man in D2/bone:
QueenMtManAmberHoneyBoneLockback_zpsbd032abb.jpg

Thanks Brian. I actually got that from a trade from the new owner/VP of Queen Cutlery. Ken Daniels son, Ryan. We talked quite a bit about knife history and USA mfg. in particular. He is a really good kid and I like him a lot.

Charlie my buddy-----------bad news
thumbdown.gif

I told him of my dislike of the "billboard" etching, and how it just wears out unevenly, and is unsightly to begin with. He said most Queen buyers now days are "collectors" and wear isn't an issue, and they like to see the # on there.
crazy.gif

I couldn't be more opposed/apalled. Great kid though. Good as gold. His wife Courtney is now in charge of the Tuna Valley line......

I thought you said you were taking a break from knives?
grin.gif

I plan to take a gander at the knife makers in Tittusville next time I am home. They're 12 minutes from my parents house.

Agreed Shane. It is a very nice looking knife. I just can't see how anyone can prefer the blade etch. Queen logo/shield and Queen tang stamp are more than enough. The etch is not only unsightful, but unnecessary as well IMO..........

The BRKT Gunny was a pleasant surprise the second I picked it up. It is SUPERB IMO. By looking at pics, I would have NEVER known how good. The pics simply do not do the knife justice as far as ergos/contours. It fits the hand really, really well. It is a great size too. Great for deer, larger game, even bushcraft. And blade is plenty beefy (how I like it). It is easily one of my top 3 favorite BRKT patterns, and maybe even higher. I love it.....

Thanks. I shot the shitt with Jim and Dee quite a while last weekend. He doesn't venture far from the shop any more. Told me he kicked out a record 68 knives last month.

Oddly, out of the tons of knives I own, the top 3 knives in the pics fit my hand as well as any I've ever had. In fact, I'd put all 3 in my top 5 for fit(I think). Maybe I just have a slow learning curve and it took hundreds to figure out what I like
blushing.gif

Glad you like the Howe. Dale is a good fella.......

That is indeed bad news Ken.
I do like that bone handle though.
Tell ya what,,,, why don't you swap me for that CSC 2011 AAPK club knife you liked so much and I'll see if I can wear that obnoxious bill board off of there.
smile.gif

Purchased a Mudbone Jones leather sheath with a fish covering the face of the sheath. The sheath held a very nice Behring B&T with a stag split crotch on the end vs. the crown on yours. Truly a handsome look that crown.. JD

I use 440 stainless,nice shine ,but hard to sharpen.Any ideas on steel and where to purchase it,also have a pottery kiln,any one use one for hardening

Back