The Second Amendment

I did not intend to insenuate that no one cares about our rights to keep and bear arms. As you may know that we in Illinois just got our Concealed Carry law passed and are just now able to apply for the carry license. 11,000 applications were received the first day. My concern is the fact that Washington keep trying to take our guns and other rights away by the sneakiest means. This is my concern.

Originally Posted By: JDmac My concern is the fact that Washington keep trying to take our guns and other rights away by the sneakiest means. This is my concern.

You can always count on that. We have a Communist type of Gvt with an agenda.. Stay alert.

I am writing this for clarity to those who aren't sure if a state has the right to regulate gun possession and carry methods.
The Supremacy Clause states that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land and that all state judges must abide by this Constitution. Any laws contrary to this Constitution are notwithstanding. The 10th Amendment allows states to deal with all other matters not covered in the Constitution. I come to the conclusion that all states must follow the Constitution which includes the Bill of Rights and they can make laws within their states so long as they do not undermine the Bill of Rights.
Any state that has regulations on gun ownership, types of guns, capacity limits, or limits to how you may carry your firearm are in direct violation of the Supremacy Clause, 2nd Amendment, 10th Amendment, and 14th Amendment. Any time a law enforcement officer gives you a hard time or worse for carrying a firearm, the LEO is in direct violation of the 2nd, 14th, and possibly your 4th depending on how far he/she goes (assuming you haven't committed another crime while carrying your firearm). That LEO also took an oath to abide by the Constitution. Some cops cannot even recite the Bill of Rights to you, yet they are somehow suppose to know what your rights are as a US citizen. That part blows my mind! How did they get a badge? How does a SWAT team violate someones 3rd and 4th when they take over a nearby house and get away with it? Etc Etc..

If people would start reminding people of the Supremacy Clause, the 10th Amendment, 14th Amendment section 1, and how those apply to state laws, we might gain some ground here. A president who makes executive orders restricting any thing gun related has violated the Constitution and should be reprimanded or impeached for his actions and attempted actions. And lets not forget all the other crap he has pulled that appears as someone is trying to destroy the country from the inside out.

Last edited:
Quote:A president who makes executive orders restricting any thing gun related has violated the Constitution and should be reprimanded or impeached for his actions and attempted actions. And lets not forget all the other crap he has pulled that appears as someone is trying to destroy the country from the inside out....The trick, while you are correct, is to get the responsible parties (House and Senate) to initiate and follow through with the proper proceedings.....

You have to remember, most of them are lawyers, and as with many other professions, they generally protect their own...Most of them are in the "Elitist" mindset and have moved away from putting the interests of the general population in their efforts....

Here is a interesting question I just can't answer about 2A.

How does half a million people in Michigan go deer hunting have no reported accidents, and would be considered the 5th largest military in the world if put together, THEN TURN AROUND AND VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS, THAT WOULD TAKE AWAY THEIR GUNS TO HUNT????????????????

Same thing for the other neighboring states, also the south. Why someone that hunts would have any family members that live with them and eat that food, would vote democrat is a puzzle. Talk about being completely ignorant.
The DEMS will take away your guns and stop you from hunting all together and they vote for them.

When we founded this country we didn't spray pesticides on all our crops. We didn't have millions of people living in close proximity to each other either.

Since the Constitution was written things have changed a lot. But the basics of life are still the same. We all want to pursue happiness.

Today I read where some guy in Michigan was going around and shooting people at random. They police caught him today so he's going to jail for a long long time. Good deal.

But it's idiots like this that are putting pressure on politicians to change the gun laws. For the record I'm against that but I see where the ideas are coming from. They should pass laws to help the mentally ill faster.

For you see it's the mentally ill people that are the problem not the tools that they use to do their damage.

Now if the anti gun people would try to change the 2nd amendment it would be a totally different matter. I would fight that too. But they are too smart to try to overtly go after the 2nd amendment. That would be too hard to do. Our founding fathers made it hard to change the US Constitution to make sure that if it were changed the vast majority of Americans would be in favor of doing that change. But only a few times have the people been able to make changes to the constitution.

But what the anti gun people do is just totally ignore the 2nd amendment and pass anti gun laws any ways.

Now we have this vacancy on the US Supreme Court and the SCOTUS is left with 4 liberals and 4 conservative justices. The next person to join the court will decide who the majority will be. This will have an effect on the law for many years to come.

Now Obama is going to appoint someone and the GOP Majority in the US Senate has vowed to block his appointment. So the court will be without it's full membership for some time to come.

There are and will be some very important cases coming though the court system and things will need to be decided once and for all for the entire country not just a certain part of the country.

If the Supreme court takes a gun case and ties 4 to 4 the decision on the case will go back to the appellate court to decide what to do. But that decision won't effect the entire country or so I've been led to believe. It will only effect the area covered by that appellate court. So this decision will have to later be taken up again when the Supreme Court has all 9 members on the court. This is going to create a big mess IMHO.

What if Hillary were to win the Presidency and appoint the next supreme court justice? Just think how that would affect our current and future gun laws. She is anti gun IMHO and I don't like that about her. She is talking about letting people sue the gun manufactures if she was put in control. I don't think that is a good idea at all. In fact that is a very bad idea and a slippery slope at best.

Last edited:
Many hunters/gun guys wear LEVIS---they are as anti 2A as they get. No Levis/Dockers for me. Also no BEN & JERRYS ice cream as they subsidize anti 2A quite heavily....

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZHere is a interesting question I just can't answer about 2A.

How does half a million people in Michigan go deer hunting have no reported accidents, and would be considered the 5th largest military in the world if put together, THEN TURN AROUND AND VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS, THAT WOULD TAKE AWAY THEIR GUNS TO HUNT????????????????

Same thing for the other neighboring states, also the south. Why someone that hunts would have any family members that live with them and eat that food, would vote democrat is a puzzle. Talk about being completely ignorant.
The DEMS will take away your guns and stop you from hunting all together and they vote for them.

The way they do it is UNIONS. The union says we can get xx DOLLARS more for you at the next contract. The (D)s are thus in.

It took a while to read all that. Deconstructing a sentence was the most difficult part. And he said that by the age of 10 one should be able to do that? But he didn't mention subject and verb any where did he?

Here In England we are "Granted" permission to hold firearms and shotguns.
It is not our RIGHT.
You are so fortunate to live in such a great country where it is your right, but the thin end of the wedge has started beware.
We had this happen first semi auto rifles banned(.22 rimfire still allowed) then max of three shells in pump and semi shotguns then complete ban on pistols so but sure the wedge is driving guns out of our hands.
Now in Scotland licences for Air guns.....

In my eyes, any law passed weather local, state, or federal that does not follow the constitution and or bill of rights are null and void and I will not concede to them if it's a infringement on my rights... This is what the SCOTUS needs to rule on...

Originally Posted By: MJ TrapperIn my eyes, any law passed weather local, state, or federal that does not follow the constitution and or bill of rights are null and void and I will not concede to them if it's a infringement on my rights... This is what the SCOTUS needs to rule on...

Very soon the US Supreme Court will rule on the NYSRPA vs Bruen case.

The 2nd amendment was not written to grant permission for citizens to own and bear firearms. It forbids government interference in the right to keep and bear arms period.The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
This right is not granted, it is an inherent right that the government MAY NOT PROHIBIT.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_Originally Posted By: MJ TrapperIn my eyes, any law passed weather local, state, or federal that does not follow the constitution and or bill of rights are null and void and I will not concede to them if it's a infringement on my rights... This is what the SCOTUS needs to rule on...

Very soon the US Supreme Court will rule on the NYSRPA vs Bruen case.

we got our wish - and our WIN today!

Back