Rage or Swhackers?

gen_27_3

I shot the Rage this season and thought they were adequate but not outstanding. Thinking of trying Swhackers next season. Anyone have any opinions or experience with either? Pros/Cons? Pictures welcome.

I have shot Rage since they were introduced. Nothing but awesome results. I shoot the 2 blade legacy.

With a heavy arrow, modest draw weight and good shot placment rage will work. You hear a lot about crappy penatration from people shooting too light of a set up.

Been trying out the swackers the past 2 years, and have killed handful of does with them....nothing but awesome results so far. And I am a die hard fixed blade guy too boot. Rages IMO are the junk of junk, but that's just with the results I have seen first hand. I know other swear by them.

Killed 2 Bucks with the 125 grain Swacker. No complaints. Spike= Tenpoint HLX, 300 fps. 6 pt.= Stryker 380@ 353 fps.Both shooting 20" 2219's XX75.

why not just get Muzzys and be done with it??
contrary to what new bowhunters seem to think:........YOU DON'T NEED A 2" HOLE TO KILL A DEER
smile.gif

The old muzzys can be a pain to tune and get them to spin strait. The new muzzy trocars look like a decent head.

Just get some slick trick mags and forget about the rest!!

I have been shooting the 2 blade rage religiously since I took a deer with one four years ago and saw the aftermath. It looked like someone smacked it in the side with an ax and the deer went down in twenty yards... and they shoot exactly where my field points do.

Last edited:
No more rages for me after I had one open on the shot four years ago. Been using Shwackers with great results. This year I used the 125 gr ulmer edge and while the blood trail wasn't Shwackers big, my buck was down in 45 yds. Ulmers shoot great for me out to 103 yds.

I have shot the rage, Shwackers, spitfire, grim reaper and slick tricks. I have had mixed results with all but the spitfire.
I shot 13 deer this season, 2 with slick tricks and the rest with spitfires. missed one with the shwacker due to just a little planning, at least that is what I saw from the luminock. shot a doe with a rage last December, the deer was at about a 30 degree angle, the arrow went in just behind the front shoulder and made a left hand turn and exited jut in front of the left hind leg.

the slick tricks kill just a well as any and fly like field tips.

Originally Posted By: bushyNo more rages for me after I had one open on the shot four years ago. Been using Shwackers with great results. This year I used the 125 gr ulmer edge and while the blood trail wasn't Shwackers big, my buck was down in 45 yds. Ulmers shoot great for me out to 103 yds.

Bushy, living in cave creek hit Randy's house on Halloween, maybe he'll give you some for a treat.

i shoot the grim reaper expandables but ive seen my hunting buddy shoot the rage two blades with devastating results he shoots a diamond black ice 70lbs and heavy fmj arrows it punches through everything i swear

They all work or they wouldn't be selling them. We all know arrows can do some screwy things regardless is what's on the end of them.

I've had nothing but good results with the rage two blade. If somebody from FOUR YEARS AGO had one open up, try them again with the new system. They won't open anymore. They went through BOTH shoulder blades of several deer I shot. Blood trails are ridiculously messy.

Tried muzzys and they wouldn't fly the way my field points did. Probably not typical results.

I have rages for turkey (2 blade) because of my experience with them; devastating. I took my last few deer with the grim reaper 3 blade expandable. Again, great results. Recovered within 50 yds every time.

I have no experience with schwackers and probably never will. No reason, just have 3 grim reapers and that will last me 30 deer at least. They are tough as nails.

Everybody's opinion is great, but the bottom line is most of us have an incredible amount of insufficient sampling of each product. So don't come on here and form an opinion of one incident you had many moons ago because I can guarantee you that somebody has something negative to say about every product ever made and we know there are always exceptions and these companies wouldn't bet their livelihood on crap products.

To the OP, do what everybody else does. Buy yourself a pack of what you are interested in and try them. No matter what you choose you'll probably get decent results.

Back