Cooper Montana varminter style stock for 700sa?

Jacob_Hanan

I have always loved the stock on my friends cooper Montana varminter. Does anybody make a similar stock for a rem 700 short action? I have found several in that style but they are all laminated. I would like to find one in aaa walnut.

I tried the Richards Microfit stocks once but couldn't stand the year wait and the poor costomer service. I never got anyone to answer the phone.

Any info would be appreciated.

Yea me too. Would really like to build a nice hunting rifle and the crowning piece is the montana varminter type / style stock in a nice fiddleback pattern. I've searched for months and didn't get anywhere. There are some nice curly maple stocks too. But not in the cooper design stock.

Tried looking in a mauser, howa, and remington actions.

Was hoping someone would have info on this forum.

I guess that everyone is like me and just doesn't know of anyone that makes that style of a stock, except Cooper.

Well darn, I'll just have to buy that Cooper Montana varminter in 22-250 ackley at my local gun shop. haha. I wish!!

Not for a while as I just finished "another" AR and finally put some GREAT glass on a long time favorite rifle I've had for years that just didn't have the magnification it needed, so my rifle fund is low at the moment. Dadgum AR's and nightforce scopes!!!! I wish they were about 1k$ less.
wink.gif

I guess I could get a AAA walnut rifle stock blank and sharpen my ole whittlin knife and start carving my own. I'm sure I could make one just as pretty as the ones cooper makes!! Ya think?!?
tt2.gif
thumbup.gif

Not sure if it's the same as the Montana but I have a model 84m varmint and I like that stock too u can get a kimber style from MPI but they ain't cheap I was just looking at them today but with out holding it I can't say if it is the same as the Montana or not

I had put up a post a week ago and was asking about a stock too I just ordered an hs precision from stocky sits a pss045 mountain ranger I hope it's what I'm looking for

I tried going through RMS and after 14 months or so I got ahold of them and they hadn't even started, so I got my money back and bought a Manners but I'm building a new 22-250ai or 22-243 ai or middlestead and want a darn cooper like stock!!!

So buy a Cooper, I seen a couple model 22's in 22-250 on Gunsamerica. If you want a repeater pick up the M54 in a Montana Varminter. Price is probably less than a complete build considering parts and gunsmith labor.

I just typed in duplicating a rifle stock and a lot of places popped up. Several to choose from. I personally don't know of any in Okla. though.

Having one duplicated is a viable option but Its important to remember that not any Cooper Montana Varminter stock would work. The model 38 and 21 won't as the receiver diameter is much smaller than that of the 700 so the top of the stock is narrower than the actions with the larger diameter. Without tearing down and measuring a couple rifles, I'm guessing those Cooper actions with a standard (308) bolt face like the model 22 are going to be much closer to what you need in matching diamentions of the 700.

Back