Shotgun-BEST shot size for FOX & your preferred CHOKE

Kevin2

If you use a 12 gauge, then what size shot do you prefer for fox. And, with that particular shot size that you prefer, what choke has been the best for you.

Had a few comment that 4s might not be enough to drop them dead, so I'm considering another shot size, and I would like to have a choke in mind that has worked with other hunters.

I'm set up with a turkey choke & #4s, seems to pattern pretty good at 40 yards. It is basically a Magnum Turkey load.

does this ammo even exist anymore?

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeCopper lead BB and a turkey choke has worked in the past...

Feds 3" copper plated BB load with Kicks GT .680 in my 835.For fox you could get by with smaller shot but this will take coyotes and Bob's to.BSA motto-Be prepared.

A few weeks ago Bass Pro Shops had the Federal 3" 12 ga copper coated #2 1-7/8 oz loads.

LG Outdoors has the Winchester Xtended Range 3" 12 ga loads in size B shot and #2 shot at a good price for heavier than lead loads.

I shoot Hevi-Shot Speed Ball 3 inch BBs. I went 4 for 4 this weekend on gray foxes. Two longest were 45 yards. Shooting my old 1100 with full choke.

Originally Posted By: Kevin2does this ammo even exist anymore?

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeCopper lead BB and a turkey choke has worked in the past...

Not sure why not .

But like anything else,lots of places are out of stock. Been atleast 4 years since I bought a case. Get it at Jay's in Clare.

I use 3" #4 buckshot for fox, when i use a shotgun. If your gun takes 3 1/2" i'd use those. with an extra full turkey choke

Last edited:
This seems to be as cheap as anything out there & it has several great reviews also. Might give it a go. Thanks...

Originally Posted By: rcpanicI shoot Hevi-Shot Speed Ball 3 inch BBs. I went 4 for 4 this weekend on gray foxes. Two longest were 45 yards. Shooting my old 1100 with full choke.

Can you point me to this stuff, cause I can't find it anywhere? Figure I'm blind!

Originally Posted By: Tim Neitzke$30 for 10 rounds of steel/hevi-shot mix ! Fed Copper Lead is $30-35 IIRC for 25 rounds and better.

Originally Posted By: GCDidn't you just do this a couple weeks ago?

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...4043&page=1

He gets bored or has a very short memory. Or both.
smile.gif

Back