Turkey choke Vs. Coyote choke

I cannot speak definitively about all of them but a few years ago I tried to buy Carlson's Dead Coyote choke from All Predator, they sent me the wrong one. I called Carlson's to get the right number and was told All Predator did not stock the one I wanted and would need to buy it direct, but they were out of Chokes marked "Dead Coyote" but would send me the Turkey choke with the same constriction assuring me that the label was the only thing different

I bought a Carlson's Coyote Choke from All Predator Calls and then asked Carlson's if I could use that choke for turkey hunting as well or if I should buy a turkey specific choke. They told me that using the Coyote Choke for both would be just fine.

There are a few different variations out there. The old "Dead Coyote" choke was a 0.660", then they made it available in 0.680". Now I believe it has wad strippers and is 0.680" (unless someone else knows otherwise).

So yeah, by and large, a choke is a choke. The length of the restriction, porting, and constriction diameter is what matters. I wouldn't expect a 0.680" turkey choke to perform any differently than a 0.680" coyote choke.

The older ones are the same. Not shure about the newer ported ones. When I was patterning my Dead Coyote choke (.660) it was too tight for T shot, B shot, or #4 Buckshot. It turned out to work great for turkey loads. Carlsons sent me a turkey choke (.665) and it was night and day better for my coyote loads. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: rynokronThe older ones are the same. Not shure about the newer ported ones. When I was patterning my Dead Coyote choke (.660) it was too tight for T shot, B shot, or #4 Buckshot. It turned out to work great for turkey loads. Carlsons sent me a turkey choke (.665) and it was night and day better for my coyote loads. Go figure.
When you say too tight, what happened? How did you know it was too tight; not patterning well, or patterning very tight?

Last edited:
Back