night hunting in Idaho?

A few years ago I was told my Fish and Game that yes, it's legal, but you have to apply for a permit. Sounds like they just want a heads up of the area you'll be hunting in so they can send out a mailer to the people in the surrounding area, if any. You'll need to confirm this information as I'm going off memory from a few years ago.

Yes,
However you do have to apply for a permit like mentioned and it can only be done on private property with land owner permission when applying for the permitt you must have written land owner permission to supply to Idaho F&G as well the permits are easy to obtain and issued same day

Originally Posted By: Dogman223 can only be done on private property with land owner permission

This mus be new. I don't recall them specifying when I was asking about BLM land. Sounds like a phone call to F&G is in order to make sure. Either way, shouldn't be too hard to get the permit.

Originally Posted By: dpollardOriginally Posted By: Dogman223 can only be done on private property with land owner permission

This mus be new. I don't recall them specifying when I was asking about BLM land. Sounds like a phone call to F&G is in order to make sure. Either way, shouldn't be too hard to get the permit.
They made some changes when I called fish and game for the 2014 rules and regs
This is what I was told you can also hunt BLM land at night with a permitt as long as you contact the sherrif befor 1pm and let them know when and where you will be (trust me tried this real pain)
Also few other things
Red light only
Cannot in any way be attached or plugged into vehicle
No calliber larger than .22
Or shotgun not to exceed 3 1/2 shot shell
Permitt for 2014 is $2
Private land can be hunted at any time no need to contact sherrif

Back