had a good day today

sdl

although i used up a tank of gas today i did manage to find 2 cans of varget powder and two bricks of 22 ammo..thats a great day in this area as powder is almost impossible to find and 22 ammo is even harder to find..

back `in the day`, a brick of 22LR was 500 rnds. and cost about $10.00.
I could burn through 500 rnds in a week end with the Marlin Mod. 60
Tell me more..
welcome new members1

Dad was at a show in east TN today, the picked me up a pound of H4350. I scored some 2400 and RL-25 from Cabelas a few weeks ago. I picked up some Varget a few weeks ago locally. I need another pound of Magpro then I will be set for a while.

the sad thing about the 22 ammo is that its what most kids learn to shoot with. on weekends my grandkids can go thru a couple bricks of 22 during sat. and sunday..it doesnt matter if there is a foot of snow on the ground and below zero they come to paps house to shoot... its alot better than playing video games and playing on the pc all day..we have to keep these kids shooting..its for their future of the sport.give them a brick of ammo and a couple dozen pop cans and watch the fun begin..i love it..

Originally Posted By: sdlthe sad thing about the 22 ammo is that its what most kids learn to shoot with. on weekends my grandkids can go thru a couple bricks of 22 during sat. and sunday..it doesnt matter if there is a foot of snow on the ground and below zero they come to paps house to shoot... its alot better than playing video games and playing on the pc all day..we have to keep these kids shooting..its for their future of the sport.give them a brick of ammo and a couple dozen pop cans and watch the fun begin..i love it..

AMEN to that.

I have a little one that is starting to shoot and around here .22 rounds are hard to find. I went the cheap route and bought her a pink stocked Crossman air rifle. She can shoot 5000 rounds for $5 bucks and she loves it.

Was surfing gun broker yesterday and came across a lot of 22825 22lr bullets selling as a lot. Looked at location and it was about 60 miles away. Checked tonight and it sold for 2400$. That hoarding makes it difficult for parents to take there kids shooting. My gf wanted some lr for her dad to shoot for x mas i told her go to gb and pay out the a$$ for it if u want it unfortunately that's what came of it. Good score on your supplies [beeep].

There is hope on 22 LR ammo. I picked up a couple of 100 round
boxes of CCI Mini-Mag ammo for $9/Ea, and I got a bulk
box of Remington Golden 525, for $24. Not bargains, but
not scalper prices either. There was a much milder scarcity
of 22 LR ammo after the 2008 election, so I used that as a
message of what might happen in 2012. So when 22 LR ammo
came back in 2009-2011, I bought every time I saw ammo on
sale, or at a decent price in stock. So when madness struck
in 2012, I had more than a few thousand rounds stored in ammo
cans. My Grandson has been merrily blasting away, and I
have been burning up ammo, defending the bird feeders from
varmints, with nary a care of an ammo shortage. It was nice
to freshen up the supplies a bit with recent purchases, but
still no concern here. When this clears up, and it will,
one might be advised to stock up a bit, so one isn't
living from brick to brick, so to speak.
rolleyes.gif

Squeeze

Back