Z-max?

Originally Posted By: obaroCat, you must have been up all night.

I got up to get Ruggus Rattus to work... I'm back under the quilt as soon as I get something to eat. The weather here sucks!

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: FurhunterAlmost as frustrating as 223 vs 5.56......

... but only if you put the Z-Max in the 5.56, and the V-Max in the 223. If you put the Z-Max in the 223 and the V-Max in the 5.56, then you have to change the firing pins out and reverse them, or the bullets will shoot sideways.

tt2.gif

Nope... You can't confuse me Cat...

I've had my bacon this morning!

Originally Posted By: FurhunterOriginally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: FurhunterAlmost as frustrating as 223 vs 5.56......

... but only if you put the Z-Max in the 5.56, and the V-Max in the 223. If you put the Z-Max in the 223 and the V-Max in the 5.56, then you have to change the firing pins out and reverse them, or the bullets will shoot sideways.

tt2.gif

Nope... You can't confuse me Cat...

I've had my bacon this morning!

tt2.gif

They are discontinued at the moment. But hornady is still trying to recover. They said they are a seasonal thing, i expect them to come around again.

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorCan you still buy the Z-max's? I haven't seen them anywhere for a few months except for the buckshot (assuming inventory carry over).

I spoke to Hornady a few months ago, and they said that when they get caught up, the Z-Max will NOT be coming back.

It is permanently discontinued cuz it was brought in as a goof by Steve Hornady because of the Zombie fad, and the fad is over, so there is no market for them any more.

The Zombie fad must still be going strong in Colo Spgs. Five boxes showed up on the shelf at sportsmans and there was darn near a fight to get them.

Originally Posted By: C9925The Zombie fad must still be going strong in Colo Spgs. Five boxes showed up on the shelf at sportsmans and there was darn near a fight to get them.

I think there is an enclave of zombies up in Manitou Springs.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: C9925The Zombie fad must still be going strong in Colo Spgs. Five boxes showed up on the shelf at sportsmans and there was darn near a fight to get them.

I think there is an enclave of zombies up in Manitou Springs.

LOL

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorCan you still buy the Z-max's? I haven't seen them anywhere for a few months except for the buckshot (assuming inventory carry over).

I just bought some .17s from powder valley......

Back