Wolf versus American Pitbull Terrier?

Uhmmmm... The biggest dog don't always win, the most agile dog frequently has a decided advantage in a dog fight, and it takes but a split second for a game bred pit to take advantage of an opening. Bigger and stronger is no real advantage when you have 1600 PSI, (the crush strength exerted by a bulldog's jaw), wrapped around your esophagus.

Furthermore, if a wolf is such a badass in a fight, why do they run in packs?

Originally Posted By: Rocky1

They are most likely Obama supporters..
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Originally Posted By: Rocky1

They are most likely Obama supporters..
thumbup.gif

I would say the pitbull is the Obama supporter. He relies on the large centralized master for all his needs. He's just like a welfare whore. The wolf is free!

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Uhmmmm... The biggest dog don't always win, the most agile dog frequently has a decided advantage in a dog fight, and it takes but a split second for a game bred pit to take advantage of an opening. Bigger and stronger is no real advantage when you have 1600 PSI, (the crush strength exerted by a bulldog's jaw), wrapped around your esophagus.

That's a vote for the wolf then. They are far more agile and way faster/quicker than a pit. I have a customer who had a 120# pit killed by a wolf at his house near Libby, MT. He went looking for the dog, found it stone dead in the snow. There was only one set of wolf prints leaving the kill, and it was just tracks, no blood at all. I knew this dog, and he was a big tough pup (meaner than a rattlesnake too, I didn't morn his passing at all).

As to the pack mentality, it makes everything easier for them. Higher success rate hunting, more eyes to spot other critters, allows younger wolves to learn from older more experienced ones. People who haven't dealt with wolves have a very tough time understanding just how smart they really are, a coyote is naive by comparison because he isn't being taught by several others every day of his life.

Originally Posted By: mutthunterOriginally Posted By: Rocky1Uhmmmm... The biggest dog don't always win, the most agile dog frequently has a decided advantage in a dog fight, and it takes but a split second for a game bred pit to take advantage of an opening. Bigger and stronger is no real advantage when you have 1600 PSI, (the crush strength exerted by a bulldog's jaw), wrapped around your esophagus.

That's a vote for the wolf then. They are far more agile and way faster/quicker than a pit. I have a customer who had a 120# pit killed by a wolf at his house near Libby, MT. He went looking for the dog, found it stone dead in the snow. There was only one set of wolf prints leaving the kill, and it was just tracks, no blood at all. I knew this dog, and he was a big tough pup (meaner than a rattlesnake too, I didn't morn his passing at all).

As to the pack mentality, it makes everything easier for them. Higher success rate hunting, more eyes to spot other critters, allows younger wolves to learn from older more experienced ones. People who haven't dealt with wolves have a very tough time understanding just how smart they really are, a coyote is naive by comparison because he isn't being taught by several others every day of his life.

Are you sure it wasn't a coyote that killed the Pit? Coyotes are way more agile and quicker than pitbulls. Just saying.

I called and asked the guy about it again today. I was wrong, the dog was a Rottweiler/pit cross (he said he thought the dog was pure rotty, but the person he got it from said it was crossed) It could have been a coyote that got him, if coyotes leave tracks that are as wide as the guys hand.

Back