Battery Gurus ?

Tripple B Farms

I have read alot about Batterys and Chargers. I have Enloops in my Furry and use the Chargeing Port built into the call and do not remove them to charge them. Is this a No No or what. Your Thoughts Please Thanks.

I would like to know as we'll, on the hellfire model I would like to do the same.... Running enercell 2500mah.

Jered

I wouldn't consider my self a battery guru by any stretch of the imagination.
I don't charge my batteries in my caller. I use a separate charger.
I really like my caller, it's no longer made, and I don't want to take a chance and damage it while charging.

I have recharged a lot of callers internally over the years and NEVER had it cause a problem. I do however think it's best to take a little extra time and expose the batteries so they don't overheat as much and possibly cause some problem that I am not aware of.

I ran a Fury for two years (hard hunting) and only charged it internally from the cigarette lighter and I never had any problem. I sold it to a hunting partner and he has had it almost two years and uses the same car charger and it is still working for him. The original batteries that I got with it from FoxPro (2300 free floats) are still in the caller.

I am no Expert or Guru but I have stayed at the Holiday Inn.
unsure.gif

Charging NiMH batteries in the caller should be fine as they don't generate much heat during charging. Charging lithium batteries tends to make a fair amount of heat and have been known to catch fire if they overheat. If you look at the Foxpro Battery page you will notice that some NiMH kits come with a charger that connects to the caller port while the lithium kits come with a charger that needs to connect directly to the battery. I suspect Foxpro did that because they do not want lithium batteries to be charged while enclosed in the caller.

Originally Posted By: NcWhitetail
I don't charge my batteries in my caller. I use a separate charger.

This is good advice

Back