Question about arrow hitting drop away rest?

-CoyoteHunter-

I purchased a new bow in July, and used it on my elk hunt in September. The factory string stretched quite abit after me shooting it a little bit. I just took it to the proshop and had it adjusted, and added another pin to my sight. I went out to sight it in today, and moved my top pin from 20 yd to 30 yd so I would have pins for out to 80 yds. After setting the 30 yd pin, I moved to my 40 yd pin and was hitting about a foot low. After adjusting, the distance between my 30 and 40 yd pin was about double what it was before and it was not grouping well at all, and I didn't change poundage or arrow weight. If my arrow was hitting my drop away rest, would it make that big of a difference? I'm fairly new to archery and wanted to see what some of you guys thought about this? I've got a deer hunt in less than two weeks so I need to get this figured out. Thanks for any input.

I would think if your arrow is contacting your rest on release that you would be having some flight issues, like a bad wobble. You could try some of that foot spray that comes out white on your fletchings to see if there is contact? Otherwise I'd take it in and have your proshop see whats going on

If the shop added or subtracted twists to your string it could have effected the timing of your rest. You want the launcher arm to come up at the last inch to inch and a half of draw. Small changes in the timing can effect poi down range. Check for contact, you can also use a dry erase marker on your vanes. Then check the timing:

Thanks for the input guys! I think I figured out the problem, the string is too long, so when I draw back, the rest isn't getting all the way up. I'll have it adjusted and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Well, I went out to shoot yesterday and my string snapped! Sounds like I'm not going to get the new string in until after my hunt starts, so I'm going to have to borrow a buddies bow for my hunt...

Back